"glass" Bauble

Decorating By julia1812 Updated 21 Nov 2014 , 7:00pm by Dayti

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 7

AI saw the other day a cake decorated with something that looks like a glass bauble, like a hollow transparent glass ball. I think you make them out of sugar and sort of blow it. Like the way you would make a real one... Has anybody here a clue about that? How does it work? What is the recipe? Or where could I search for a tutorial???

6 replies
thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 7
JayJay23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayJay23 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 7

You can also make them out of gelatin if I am thinking of the same thing you are. I did this and they turned out vey well. This is the tutorial I used http://www.cakecentral.com/a/how-to-make-gelatin-bubbles it was very helpful.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 7

AThanks alot for the quick response! Thecakewitch, that's what I am looking for. Did you try it? I know I won't get tartar cream here, is that a must? Or can I substitute it? Jayjay23, good alternative! Are they as "stable" as the sugar ones?

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 7

AIt's been forever since I made those back in culinary school! If you can get Isomalt, that's much more easy to work with than sugar.

JayJay23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayJay23 Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 7

I've never tried sugar ones but the gelatin ones dry rock hard because you use a lot of gelatin with not a lot of water. I didn't have any trouble with them breaking.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 7

Try this - you can translate the post to English on the right hand side. You could use a different size mold if you needed a bigger bauble.

http://www.mensajeenunagalleta.com/web/en/2012/11/como-hacer-una-bola-de-nieve-completamente-comestible/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%