Price - Joke

Decorating By julia1812 Updated 14 Nov 2014 , 10:05am by smysha

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 14 Nov 2014 , 4:57am
post #1 of 2

A[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3304607/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Yesterday a woman I now sends me a request for this cake, writing she wants this cake for 12(!) people. "This or something similar, whatever is easiest for you". "Fine, tell me your budget and I'll come back to you", I replied. It might be a tiny bit over the top to make an 8x12" cake for 12 people...? Plus "easiest for me or cheapest for you?" I'm thinking... Well, in my mind I have some options set. F.e. a not to scale single and simplified heel.

She replies her budget is 30-50$!!!!!!!!!

Don't have words! What do some people think?

Anyway, replied politely (biting my sometimes to sharp tongue very hard!) and explained my prices and gave her options. Reply : "I have to think about it..." Don't expect to hear from her again!

Anyway, had to rant about this. Still fuming...

I know this woman. She sits in our local bakery almost every day (they don't do custom cake there though), where they sell plain (!) 3x8", 1" high cakes for 6$. She should know better! Grrr...

1 reply
smysha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smysha Posted 14 Nov 2014 , 10:05am
post #2 of 2

I share your pain. I had a client send me a picture yesterday asking how much it would be for something like that plus some extra bits and bobs. I said it would be £95 and broke down my pricing structure. She replied back with what I could do for £45. ¬_¬

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%