Pillsbury Kitchen's Family Cookbook Request

Baking By lorijl Updated 27 Oct 2014 , 12:24am by vldutoit

lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have this cookbook? I sold mine a few years ago at my garage sale and have now realized that I let go a favorite recipe called Applesauce Snack Cake. I used to make it for my kids when I canned applesauce every year. Well, this year there was a bumper crop of apples in our area and I canned 46 quarts for us, our grown children and grandchildren. Now I want to make this cake, but don't have the recipe. If anyone has a copy of this cookbook would you let me know? Thank you so much!

9 replies
lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 10

The cookbook had a yellow cover and my particular revision was in a loose leaf format. Fingers crossed that someone has it! And a word to the wise; don't have a yard sale when you have a back injury and are taking pain meds. You might get rid of something you live to regret getting rid of!

lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks, MB. I'm hoping someone has it and can share just that one recipe. I didn't use many of the other recipes unfortunately and hate to purchase it again. I sure will if I have to and there are some good prices for it here.Thanks!

lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 10

That's a cute one! The one I'm looking for is made with raisins (if I remember correctly), applesauce, butter, cinnamon, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and a streusel topping.

vldutoit Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 10

AI think I have that book and I recall the recipe. Let me dfo some digging and I will post it.

vldutoit Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 12:08am
post #8 of 10

A1/2 cup margarine or butter 3/4 cup Pillsbury all purpose flour 3/4 cup Pillsbury whole wheat flour 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates 1 tsp soda 2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup applesauce 1 egg Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 inch pan. In medium saucepan melt margarine; remove from heat. Stir remaining cake ingredients; blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan. Topping 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped nuts 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup margarine In small bowl, combine all ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

lorijl Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 12:09am
post #9 of 10

Oh my gosh! Thank you so, so much! I'm just thrilled. I can't wait to make it. Bless you!

vldutoit Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 12:24am
post #10 of 10

AYou are most welcome. I have had that cookbook for thirty years. It was a wedding present from my mother in law.

Quote by @%username% on %date%