Pillsbury Kitchen's Family Cookbook Request

Baking By lorijl Updated 27 Oct 2014 , 12:24am by vldutoit

lorijl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have this cookbook? I sold mine a few years ago at my garage sale and have now realized that I let go a favorite recipe called Applesauce Snack Cake. I used to make it for my kids when I canned applesauce every year. Well, this year there was a bumper crop of apples in our area and I canned 46 quarts for us, our grown children and grandchildren. Now I want to make this cake, but don't have the recipe. If anyone has a copy of this cookbook would you let me know? Thank you so much!

9 replies
lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 10

The cookbook had a yellow cover and my particular revision was in a loose leaf format. Fingers crossed that someone has it! And a word to the wise; don't have a yard sale when you have a back injury and are taking pain meds. You might get rid of something you live to regret getting rid of!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks, MB. I'm hoping someone has it and can share just that one recipe. I didn't use many of the other recipes unfortunately and hate to purchase it again. I sure will if I have to and there are some good prices for it here.Thanks!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 10

That's a cute one! The one I'm looking for is made with raisins (if I remember correctly), applesauce, butter, cinnamon, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, and a streusel topping.

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 10

AI think I have that book and I recall the recipe. Let me dfo some digging and I will post it.

vldutoit Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 12:08am
post #8 of 10

A1/2 cup margarine or butter 3/4 cup Pillsbury all purpose flour 3/4 cup Pillsbury whole wheat flour 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates 1 tsp soda 2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup applesauce 1 egg Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 inch pan. In medium saucepan melt margarine; remove from heat. Stir remaining cake ingredients; blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan. Topping 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped nuts 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup margarine In small bowl, combine all ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

lorijl Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 12:09am
post #9 of 10

Oh my gosh! Thank you so, so much! I'm just thrilled. I can't wait to make it. Bless you!

vldutoit Posted 27 Oct 2014 , 12:24am
post #10 of 10

AYou are most welcome. I have had that cookbook for thirty years. It was a wedding present from my mother in law.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%