Dh Pink Velvet Extenders?

Baking By gigiel Updated 8 Oct 2014 , 2:02am by gigiel

gigiel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiel Posted 6 Oct 2014 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 4

Anybody add extenders to the pink or blue velvet boxed mixes by DH?  I just assumed it would be identical to a white mix (WASC). However when looking at the back of the box (after I had bought them) I see that DH instructions say to add 2/3 Cup water, 3 eggs & 1 stick butter. Love the WASC & was hoping to adapt in same way. (4 eggs, sour cream, almond flavor etc....) Thanks!!!

3 replies
gigiel Posted 6 Oct 2014 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 4

I'm just going to sub in much the same as wasc recipe. Since I know there is not a smidge of chocolate in the 'pink' mix. We'll see how this works out. Everyone must be 'stumped.

Thanks!

gigiel Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 1:42am
post #3 of 4

I tried that & was not liking the flavor at all. Question stands...anybody?

gigiel Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 2:02am
post #4 of 4

Don't know if anyone wants outcome of experimentation, but here is what I've decided to do; after baking usual wasc & adding a little red food color to get a nice shade of pink, this was the winner with "quality control" people here at my house.  (*family : ))  The Pink Velvet by DH might be better with some other things added, but trying to use same things as wasc to transform it into a good tasting w/a good crumb was a failure.  It was tough, too dense & tasted rather blah. Sticking with the tried & true. :cake: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%