I have been reading a ton on Cake Central, both about caking and misc. topics. I feel like I've learned so much and been inspired by so many!
I thought it would be nice to revive some of the older "getting to know you" threads (I saw some from way back in 2005 and 2006) and talk about what we do/enjoy outside of caking.
- My name is Erin
- I only do cakes for fun--mostly birthdays for friends and family members.
- In my "real life" I'm a data analyst at QVC.
- I love to travel (I've been to Egypt and China, in 2015 I'm going to Ireland, Italy, Greece and Turkey on my honeymoon).
- Which means... I'm getting married in a few months
- No kids, but I have two dogs (a Border Collie named Ringo the Starr and a Smooth Collie named Fantastic Mr. Foxx)
- My smooth collie and I are a therapy team. We volunteer at a drug/alcohol rehab facility and an adolescent mental health facility. It's awesome and both Foxx and I really enjoy doing it.
- I also volunteer at a local shelter (walking dogs) and with the ACLU in my state.
- Here are my boys, Ringo is the black and white Border Collie, Foxx is the sable colored Collie:
Your turn! Any fun/interesting/exciting things about yourself you'd like to share?!
Ayour fur bound friends are awesome and i just want to say thank you for helping some of the unlovely and downtrodden amongst us -- you are a very special person -- thank you for your unselfish unsung efforts for those who sometimes can least appreciate/respond --
not to mention i love qvc :)
Thanks K8memphis!! That is so nice of you. I really do love being a therapy team with Foxx. There are definitely some tough days, but many days it's very rewarding. I've had quite a few people tell me "you know, I just REALLY needed this today, and then you guys showed up." Definitely worth the time!
-Like you, (I'm guessing from your screen name) I was born in '89 so I'm 25.
-I got married last year.
-We have 2 cats, no kids yet.
-I'm Australian. I grew up in the city and now live in a small coastal town.
-The move was what prompted me to go back to study then begin my own business. I made cakes, biscuits, slices and assorted baked goods for wholesale to cafes, restaurants, and bakeries. I'm not actually a cake decorator but I'm keen to learn (which is how I ended up on Cake Central).
AHallo hallo! :)
My name is sugar, nickname my dad gave me when i was young (real name stephanie) I have two kids, matthew 2 yrs old and sophia 7 months old Started caking when i was pregnant with matthew, wanted to make his birthday cakes I made a cake for every month until his 1 yr old bday I now do the same for sophia :) it's now a tradition, lol Caking is my me time, i can get lost in my own world when i decorate :)
Hope to hear from everyone!