Decorating By rachamberlain Updated 29 Jul 2014 , 8:24pm by kazita

rachamberlain Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 4

So I am making this wedding cake for my sister in law:

in 13", 10", and 7" tiers. I found this guide for frosting amounts online:

13"- 8 c. frosting
10"- 5 c. frosting
7"- 3.5 c. frosting

So that would be 16.5 cups of frosting minimum. I am planning on just using the frosting as the filling (that would work, right?), and since I am doing all those piped flowers, I was planning on making 25 cups of frosting. This is my first multi-tiered wedding cake and I am on a budget. So I'm trying to make enough, without buying too much and using too much money. Does all this sound right? Any help is much appreciated!!!

~Rach

3 replies
cai0311 Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 4

AI think 25 cups would be about right since you are using buttercream for the filling too.

Just to double check - are you doing 4 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling per tier?

You could always make less and if you run out purchase additional ingredients to help with your budget needs.

rachamberlain Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 4

I was going to bake up 2 pans of each size, cut those in half, and then have filling in between each one. So yes, I believe that would be 3 layers filling per tier. (had to pause and picture it for a second to figure that out! lol!)

kazita Posted 29 Jul 2014 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 4

AThat's a really usual cake....pretty but I think it would be so much prettier if it were all the rose swirls but each to its own....lol...it is still pretty just usual looking...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%