Round Quilting Affect

Business By kitycat Updated 8 Jul 2014 , 3:54am by kitycat

kitycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitycat Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 5

Help!! please does anyone know or have an idea of how i can do the round quilting affect on a cake ? i attached a picture. i have only done the diamond quilting affect but does anyone know of a tutorial or a way how i can

e the round quilted pattern ? Thank you

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 2:17am
post #2 of 5

If you use a gumpaste cutter that's that shape and press it into the fondant to imprint the shape you can do it. Just do one line at a time and line up the cutter to meet at the top and bottom when you do the next line up. You can do the same thing with round cutters, flower cutters, whatever you want.

kitycat Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 3:30am
post #3 of 5

thank you! i never thought about that :-D so for example round cookie cutters?

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 3:39am
post #4 of 5

AYes, but the pattern on the cake above is more of an oval shape-it looks like there's impressions done between where the Dragees are placed you can add that effect with an impression tool (hope I haven't confused you)!

There are stacked impression tools/cutters that make this pattern but they are basically cutters attached to each other as CC stated. If you want that exact pattern without buying an extra tool I'd just squish a metal, round cutter and gently make your impressions.

kitycat Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 3:54am
post #5 of 5

AThank you ! I am totally going to do that :) I never thought about that thank u!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%