What Do You Do With Your Leftovers?

Decorating By Ilovecake89 Updated 2 Jul 2014 , 7:46pm by MBalaska

Ilovecake89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ilovecake89 Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 8:55am
post #1 of 6

AI am making a rainbow cake and have a heap of tops leftover. I am going to freeze them and make something at a later date. So in the meantime thought I would get some ideas from you guys. Thanks in advance :) [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3257669/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 11:39am
post #2 of 6

I sometimes freeze them and then make cake pops or cake truffles out of them at a later date   :)

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 11:53am
post #3 of 6

AI just had this problem with the tops of six sheet cakes I made for a rainbow cake. I cut the central parts of the domes out that were thicker and stacked them without a filling and topped the cake with a glacé icing. My husband's work colleagues and our kids loved them!

I have made cake pops with choc or mud cake in the past but that takes a lot of extra time I don't often have now. So the kids get cake trifle for dessert - a mix of cake scraps, any buttercream or ganache or salted caramel filling or ice cream, whatever's around. And only occasionally - none of us need cake everyday!

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 6

AA version of 7 layer/ rainbow cookies?

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 6
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 7:46pm
post #6 of 6

make individual glasses of cake & whipped cream & fruit ...... like a trifle (sp?)  it would be so pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%