Critques Needed......

Decorating By SilverTiger Updated 2 Jul 2014 , 5:04am by morganchampagne

SilverTiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SilverTiger Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:25am
post #1 of 7

So I am first time decorator and wanted wow factor for my 40th without the price tag. (although it ended up costing in the end) and I was after some opinions on the final product.

I owe all credit for the idea to jessicakesblog.blogspot.com and it was 3 months in the planning. My partner in crime had had buttercream icing training but I believe that is all.

If you would like me to post progress photos I can, everyone was amazed with the finished product but none of them are cake decorators.

6 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:34am
post #2 of 7

AWell I'm impressed! Wouldn't take much training if [B]that[/B] is your first attempt with no prior experience! There are plenty of people with years of experience that wouldn't be able to make it look that nice, so you should be proud.

SilverTiger Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:44am
post #3 of 7

When I decided I wanted a guitar for my birthday my partner said whoa.... no way, but I managed to convince her we could do it.

Then I saw jessicas blog and had my husband on board to make the frame. It was 3 months in the planning (gumpaste and parts) but 3 days putting together. and the only thing we forgot was the glaze on the guitar.

I need to clarify.... it was my first cake but I was guided by the ideas of my partner who had had some training. It was her first up right cake.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 6:53am
post #4 of 7

AWhoa! Awesome!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

SilverTiger Posted 28 Jun 2014 , 7:10am
post #5 of 7

CupcakeCali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeCali Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 4:50am
post #6 of 7

I've been doing cakes for years (mostly tiered) and I have to say, I'm super impressed! Fantastic job!

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 2 Jul 2014 , 5:04am
post #7 of 7

AAll you have to do is work on cleaning up some stuff. The hard work is done!!!! You're awesome that's a great carved cake for your first time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%