How Do I Make The Curved Edge On This Cake?

Decorating By thefreeze Updated 17 Aug 2014 , 8:15am by winniemog

thefreeze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thefreeze Posted 20 Jun 2014 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 3

I would like to decorate a cake similar to the one shown here and can't figure out how to do the bottom cake. Do I cover the entire cake with white fondant, then cover the top with the pink fondant? If so, do I put something between the white and pink fondant to 'adhere' them together?

Also, what's the best way to get the curved edge of the pink fondant? Do I smooth the pink fondant down and then cut it to that shape? With a knife? Scissors?

I'm having a really hard time putting into words what I'm trying to do so I'm having a hard time searching for some sort of tutorial. I'm hoping maybe someone on here will take a few minutes to look at this picture and help me out. Planning on doing this tomorrow...nothing like last minute searching! :)

2 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 8:14am
post #2 of 3

ATo me, this cake looks like it has been covered in pink fondant first. Then the stripes in the bottom part of the tier have been added, and the top of the stripes has been cut to give a curved line. Then I would add the extruded green rope to cover the join between pink fondant and stripes.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 17 Aug 2014 , 8:15am
post #3 of 3

AJust realised your post is dated June 20th and you wanted to make the cake the next day.....guess I'm a bi late!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%