Ugh! Modeling Chocolate Help Needed

Decorating By Moniquea Updated 13 Jun 2014 , 6:35pm by karrietg

Moniquea Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 7

So I tried before and got a similar result, too soft.  Too expensive to 'try' again so not until I lucked out with a batch of free white chocolate did I try it.

I watched the McGreevy video and the Artisan Cakes video but apparently the chocolate I got had a ton of oil in it and its soft again.  Both video made it with candy melts but I made it according to the white chocolate recipe.  I've added more chocolate per the Artisan troubleshooting post but while I wait was wondering if anyone else had some tips - I want it to work!

Thanks!!!

6 replies
karrietg Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 7

AWait. Don't throw it out. Wrap it on plastic wrap and leave it over night. You can usually reincorporate the oils the next day by gentle kneading.

Moniquea Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 2:16am
post #4 of 7

Thank you, I did wait overnight... I added almond bark (candies?) about 1/2 cup.  Even softer than before :(

Moniquea Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 7

OK, its been two days and still soft, its warm here but I think it may be the fat content?  IDK, I had to mix with some Satin ice  but really would like to make this work - :)

karrietg Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 7

AIf it's too soft you may have added too much corn syrup.

karrietg Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 7

AFor dark chocolate I use 7 oz choc to 1/4 cup corn syrup. For milk chocolate I use 7 oz choc to 2-3 tbsp of corn syrup depending

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%