Help! My Cakes Never Rise

Decorating By Livelifelove Updated 7 Jun 2014 , 5:15pm by pastrypet

Livelifelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Livelifelove Posted 6 Jun 2014 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 7

AHi I'm 15 years old and a begginer baker. I have always bake but never properly. Everytime I make a cake it never rises it cools but doesn't rise at all.

My ingredients:

2 eggs Self raising flour (normal amount) Caster sugar (normal amount) Margarine (normal amount) Baking powder (normal amount)

All replies would be helpful thanks so much X

6 replies
pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 7:45am
post #2 of 7

Could you list the actual amounts you use? "Normal amount" doesn't mean anything.

Both self-rising flour and baking powder lose their ability to "lift" over time. Are yours fresh or have you had them for a while?

Livelifelove Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 8:58am
post #3 of 7

A

Original message sent by pastrypet

Could you list the actual amounts you use? "Normal amount" doesn't mean anything.

Both self-rising flour and baking powder lose their ability to "lift" over time. Are yours fresh or have you had them for a while?

I got my baking powder and self raising flour a week ago. I use a teaspoon if baking powder, 100g of margarine, 100g self raising flour, 100g of caster sugar

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 10:25am
post #4 of 7

AAre you aware the rising happens in the oven? It will deflate slightly as the hot air leaves the cake though but should still stay nice and high. Can you post a copy of your recipe and even a photo of a baked cake? A photo will help a lot with troubleshooting.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:25am
post #5 of 7

with self rising flour you don't usually need additional baking powder

Livelifelove Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:26am
post #6 of 7

A[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3247079/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

That's my cake and it always turns out like that

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 5:15pm
post #7 of 7

I agree, K8, and we need to see the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%