Pricing

Decorating By mps29 Updated 28 May 2014 , 6:15am by SystemMod1

mps29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mps29 Posted 27 May 2014 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 3

AI love to decorate cakes and make them for family but recently friend and friends of friend have started asking me to make some but I really don't know what to charge.

I have attached a picture of my latest cake it's pretty similar the base is a chocolate biscuit cake the bag is a Madeira with a vanilla buttercream. How much would you charge?? [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3242346/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

2 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 May 2014 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 3

AI probably wouldn't make something like that, but at least a couple hundred dollars, probably more with the detail I'd put into it.

And whatever you do, DON'T let friends and their friends try to talk you down from what you feel are appropriate prices, and...ok forget that. Do yourself a favor, and don't sell to them, [B]period[/B]. You'll be setting yourself up for disappointment and resentment. Thank them for their interest, and once you've properly researched pricing, and establish your business, they're more than welcome to purchase from you at full price. That would be a wonderful display of support on their part

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 28 May 2014 , 6:15am
post #3 of 3

You cannot solicit pricing information here on Cake Central unless you are a legal bakery and have researched the appropriate permit requirements for your area.  This thread is being deleted. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%