Teddy Bear??

Decorating By prettycupcake Updated 22 May 2014 , 9:44pm by FioreCakes

prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 22 May 2014 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone,

Would anyone know how do I go about making this cake? The box I know its just the teddy

s a bit tricky to me. Does anyone have any suggestions or might know of a how to tutorial. 

Thank you in advance

Heidi 

2 replies
mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 22 May 2014 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 3

AI would use rice krispies treat, made and crumb coated separately. Then after your gift box cake is done, place it on top supported by a cardboard and dowel or bubble tea straw. You can even add the "fur" by piping brown "fur" after you have placed the bear on the cake so it doesn't get smudged duribg assembly.

I would use an all butter or a meringue base frosting though for crumbcoat to the bear and the fur because when a crusting BC dries/crusts the fur will have a hard time adhering to the bear and will keep falling off when you're trying to pipe it. Especially the fur on the sides and bottom of the paw..HTH! Good luck! Very cute cake :)

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 22 May 2014 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 3

If you are really wanting the teddy bear to be cake you can either carve by hand with a really sharp bread knife or use the wilton soccer ball pan for the head and add fondant decorations and buttercream fur as suggested already. The "paper" is probably modeling chocolate as it is firm but moldable. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%