....make A Recorder Cake

Decorating By shanienee Updated 16 May 2014 , 5:55am by mzteaze

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 16 May 2014 , 3:31am
post #1 of 3

Ok. I have looked and looked. My daughter's recital is next week. I want to make a cake for the class. I have looked for hours for a picture or tutorial on how to make a recorder cake and can't find one. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

2 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 16 May 2014 , 5:20am
post #2 of 3

Well, the thing about that is, maybe you'll just have to be the first one to make one. Just look at it, and break it down into "cake". You can bake off a bunch of four inch rounds, and shave off the edge  of each one so you can line them all up with icing in the middle, and have a rounded surface. Make indents for the holes, use RKT to form the mouthpiece and whatever else. I don't recall offhand what a recorder looks like exactly, but I know they're pretty simple looking instruments. 

mzteaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mzteaze Posted 16 May 2014 , 5:51am
post #3 of 3

ASeems to me the only way to imitate the shape would be long, narrow pans like loaf pans would work with half of a small round pan for the bottom.

Covering with fondant or BC then the top is left to your artistic interpretation.

ETA: just occurred to me that you could easily cut a SQUARE pan in half to get the same effect as loaf pans. So maybe one square and one round pans of the cake of your choice, then trim/shape into recorder shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%