Drizzle Effect On Side Of Cake

Decorating By Budrowsaba Updated 15 May 2014 , 11:19am by LizzieAylett

Budrowsaba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Budrowsaba Posted 12 May 2014 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 12

AAny suggestions on duplicating this drizzle? Royal icing - worried it'll slip too much before it hardens. Watered down buttercream Tinted candy melts?[ATTACHMENT=1680]image.jpg (126k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 12

it looks like slung chocolate-- my first thought is to test it on a cold cake so the choc sets up on contact--but then you gotta watch out for condensation so... just test it out first--so pretty--like a light jackson pollock effect

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 12

and i think the biggest pitfall is to hold down on the edit button-- it would be so easy for me to over do it ;)

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 14 May 2014 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 12

See my post on your other thread :-)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 May 2014 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 12

Hmmmmm.......why the repeat budrowsaba? same question, same cake as the previous thread.

MBalaska Posted 14 May 2014 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 12

what's up.

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 12

i think budrowsaba mighta just hit i think budrowsaba mighta just hit the submit submit button once too many times-- 2 many x's--then i then i go looking go looking for some posts posts to talk cake on to talk cake on and i thought i thought i saw answers to that post yester yesterday but i went & answered it again just in case 'cause i needed to have a post a post to answer talk to -- then i fell in love with the picture & the idea 

:-D  sorry you asked yet 

i shoulda went & checked first--sorry sorry

MBalaska Posted 14 May 2014 , 7:49pm
post #8 of 12

they were posted two hours apart, and with different titles.  started to look like spam:?

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 7:52pm
post #9 of 12

oh yeah like i said i did not go looking--but sometimes our little newbee-ites can't find their posts after they post them? idk mb

MBalaska Posted 14 May 2014 , 8:50pm
post #10 of 12

It was really cool to see the cake LizzieAylett posted, so that was a nice result of all this !!!:)

-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 9:40pm
post #11 of 12

beautiful work, lizzieaylett, and great idea/results using the royal icing too

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 15 May 2014 , 11:19am
post #12 of 12

Thanks MB and K8 :-)  I was given the same photo to work from so just went for it, although my colours were limited by what ribbons were available to match.

I hadn't thought of using candy melts, as they are really expensive over here and I don't have the right colourings.  Royal is so cheap and easy to use, that I just went for it naturally.

It is a bit confusing having two threads, but I don't think there's anything sinister about it.  Maybe OP forgot to refresh the main forum page and couldn't see it had posted already, so tried again.

OP, I hope you have fun with this cake - I certainly did :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%