Bridal Shower Cake

Lounge By KateandShiloh Updated 19 Apr 2014 , 3:30am by KateandShiloh

KateandShiloh Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this so bare with me for a moment. I want to make a bridal shower cake in the shape of a wedding dress. There are so many beautiful examples out there! Here's my problem. I am great with buttercream, but I have never done anything with fondant. Is there a way to make this cake with buttercream and not use fondant for the dress? I realize I will have to use it for the torso, but I'd like to do the dress in buttercream. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Kate

3 replies
savannahquinn Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe if you show a picture of what you might like to do, CCers could better be able to answer you question...Is it a 3D cake? a flat cake? what did you have in mind...I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do either in butter cream.

Nic Fury Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, please share an example of what it is that you'd like to make.

KateandShiloh Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

This is what I'd like to do, but in buttercream:

http://djiqd110ru30i.cloudfront.net/upload/681285/project/59353/full_2105_59353_WeddingDressCake_1.jpg

I was doing some general drawings and was thinking I could use the Wilton Doll Cake pan set normally for the cake (obviously) and then just pipe using Tip 1M for a nice swirl, like I do with cupcakes. But I'd like a smaller tip for smaller swirly roses I think. What do you think about that? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%