Will Someone Please Try This Simple Recipe For Me?

Lounge By sugarbabygirl Updated 30 Apr 2014 , 1:00am by Norasmom

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 8:30pm
post #31 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariabakes   She did say please, and thank you.   

mariabakes, I've been posting on CakeCentral for about four years. Before that, I came here to read. One thing that has been evident to me, is that posters often write things that I've found questionable. That's what got me started in occasionally looking back at a members' previous posts. That's what I did in this thread when the discussion became heated and I found blatant inconsistencies in her responses.

I come here to help and don't appreciate when we're lied to and treated badly. I'm sorry if this makes me a "bully" or "mean" for stating that sometimes I find the truth in short supply.

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 8:32pm
post #32 of 58

I'm sort of new here, but I've read a lot of the threads and I've never seen any bullying. I've seen people being told the truth and not liking it, therefore calling the responder mean. I've also seen a conversation going on when someone *else* butts in and calls someone a bully or mean. I wish people would just act like sensible adults and realize that since you can't see people on the web, you must take what they say with a grain of salt. Or a block of salt lick.

P.S. Hooray for Mimifix. I've learned a lot from her and I've never questioned the honesty of her advice, nor found it mean.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 8:39pm
post #33 of 58

A

Original message sent by pastrypet

I'm sort of new here, but I've read a lot of the threads and I've never seen any bullying. I've seen people being told the truth and not liking it, therefore calling the responder mean. I've also seen a conversation going on when someone *else* butts in and calls someone a bully or mean. I wish people would just act like sensible adults and realize that since you can't see people on the web, you must take what they say with a grain of salt. Or a block of salt lick.

P.S. Hooray for Mimifix. I've learned a lot from her and I've never questioned the honesty of her advice, nor found it mean.

Or the person just plays victim which fools some people. Often the person butting in comments without bothering to read the whole thread or click on the links.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 9:20pm
post #34 of 58

A

Original message sent by howsweet

Or the person just plays victim which fools some people. Often the person butting in comments without bothering to read the whole thread or click on the links.

Oh yes, all the time

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 9:43pm
post #35 of 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariabakes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumPam 

Sweetie it would have helped HAD you provided this information with your ORIGINAL post   - can you understand how people may have thought you were some demanding new caker who wanted somebody to do their 'homework'

The reason people react like this .....is that DEMANDING new caker is breeding like mice!

She did say please, and thank you.  Perhaps the poster could of put it in more details or said it differently, like " how does this recipe sounds to you?" Cake central has been a valuable resource for me in my baking quest. however, I find that  jennicake and ApplegumPam   came out like bullies and this shouldn't be.  We all should be here to uplift each other not breakdown...... I am just saying.

I wasn't trying to be a bully, I was just making a joke.  That is my sense of humor (and exactly what I would say to anyone I know), and unfortunately things dont always come across the way they were intended in a forum.  If that offended the OP, then I apologize for that.

pastrypet Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 10:02pm
post #36 of 58

I loved your joke (magic peacock cake), jennicake. :D 

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 5:42am
post #37 of 58

AI have used the same recipe except mine was chocolate box mix with chocolate pudding and a cup of oil. It was pretty dense! But very very good, all my family and friends liked it. I think vanilla would work too. Good luck!

Also, OP, i hope this is a sincere post and that you're not just looking for trouble..

sugarbabygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbabygirl Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 4:44am
post #38 of 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyeatscakes 

I have used the same recipe except mine was chocolate box mix with chocolate pudding and a cup of oil. It was pretty dense! But very very good, all my family and friends liked it. I think vanilla would work too. Good luck!

Also, OP, i hope this is a sincere post and that you're not just looking for trouble..

why would i try to start fights with people over the internet who i cant see and most likely don't even know? lol :) and thank you for commenting on the recipe. i sometimes enjoy a dense cake, ill just have to try it and learn from my mistake. and i promise next time i post if (only if i seriously need help) ill try to word it differently, and thank you so much to everyone who was trying to help me, even if it was just a little bit. but as for everyone else who got angry at me, messing up and angering others is a part of growing up, and i still have a lot of growing up to do. (as someone put it "putting my big girl panties on") and i've learned from my mistake here and i'm sorry. it will never happen again. (at least from me)

thank you for you patience with a newbie,

mimi :)

TigerBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TigerBaker Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 7:01pm
post #39 of 58

ADon't let the rude ones bring you down

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 27 Apr 2014 , 8:18pm
post #40 of 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerBaker 

Don't let the rude ones bring you down

But before you label someone as rude, think about what they are saying. Is it the truth and you just don't want to hear it? Make sure you're being a grown-up.

TigerBaker Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 5:59pm
post #41 of 58

AI voice my opion get over it lol

TigerBaker Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:18pm
post #42 of 58

ABy the way why are you following my post, this is not the first time you commented about me, oh well you also have the right to voice your opion lol.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:22pm
post #43 of 58
Quote:

By the way why are you following my post, this is not the first time you commented about me, oh well you also have the right to voice your opion lol.

I don't have an opion. I have an opinion.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:31pm
post #44 of 58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanter 

Quote:

Don't let the rude ones bring you down

But before you label someone as rude, think about what they are saying. Is it the truth and you just don't want to hear it? Make sure you're being a grown-up.

i think being a grown up means knowing when telling the truth can be rude--and i haven't read the thread--i'm not taking sides but being truthful is no indemnity for being callous/abrupt imo-- being mature means tempering the truth with mercy/kindness so it can be recieved --

again i am only commenting on the last two posts here--

TigerBaker Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:39pm
post #45 of 58

AOk Shanter, you can have the last word lol

K8 I agree 100%

-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:39pm
post #46 of 58

i said something in a post today like "if you do this you'll be wasting your time" i wish i had said, "if you do this you could risk wasting your time"

sure it's subtle but it helps to add the missing audible inflection that we are limited to in print--one way is kind of slightly condemning and the second way kinda gives them a respectful choice--

idk -- different strokes for different folks

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:46pm
post #47 of 58
What surprises me the most is that TigerBaker popped in almost three weeks after the last post to drop a one-liner like that. We're here for the cake! I don't see any purpose, other than to stir up trouble.  
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:48pm
post #49 of 58

A

Original message sent by MimiFix

-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:48pm
post #50 of 58

what trouble?

TigerBaker Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:51pm
post #51 of 58

AK8 I know you are a kind person. I just don't like when a new person gets slammed instead of getting kind remarks or non at all. I am not a pushover but when someone is respectable to me I am very respectable in return. I know you are respectable & you were trying to defuse the comments, that is why I respect you.

TigerBaker Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 6:54pm
post #52 of 58

AMimiFix, have a nice day

pastrypet Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 11:47pm
post #53 of 58

I never saw shanter say anything rude or disrespectful.

MisterCakePro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MisterCakePro Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 12:21am
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrypet 

I never saw shanter say anything rude or disrespectful.

Neither have I, pastrypet. She's one of the nicer members. I'm a lurker but rarely post because of the behavior demonstrated on this thread. I don't know what's wrong with your lives that you must create problems then act like the innocent ones.

TigerBaker Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 8:07pm
post #55 of 58

AHave a great day :D

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 8:17pm
post #56 of 58

Quote:

Have a great day icon_biggrin.gif

lol

rexygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rexygirl Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 12:09am
post #57 of 58

AInteresting thread.... I read a lot on here for years but don't post much, but my first thoughts on the original post was.... SERIOUSLY who has time or wants to bake this cake? Kind of a strange thing to ask, I could see if it was truly an original recipe, something really different but it seems similar enough to wasc, why not use one of the million adaptations of the wasc recipe that's been reviewed a million times, or do research (hours of reading recipe reviews) online like most of us do. Sorry not being rude but why do you need to use this recipe???

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 1:00am
post #58 of 58

This posting was awhile ago, but OP if you are still reading…

Yes, sometimes people can come across as being mean or rude online, so it's important, yet difficult, to not get too worked up over the opinions of those you have never met in person.  It's so easy for people to say things under anonymity.  On CC, we aren't really anonymous, you can find most of the bakers easily. 

This is sort of scary, truth be told…:D  Also, you are only 15, most of us are adults so we are not as sensitive due to life experiences.

That being said, do you ask your friends at school to do your schoolwork?  I bet that you do not.  It's the same sort of thing at work here.  The experienced bakers on CC have all done their "cake homework" to figure out recipes.  They have failed, tried again, and maybe even lost money to find the perfect recipe.   You have to learn this recipe yourself, and if you cannot afford it you must say no to the person who asked.  The bakers on this website say no to orders all the time when customers don't want to pay the cost of a good cake, because they cannot afford to take the business.  Since you do not have the funds, I suggest you not bake this cake until you have saved up a bit.

If you do want a no-fail recipe, WASC is it.   I recommend you get your hands on a copy of The Cake Bible as Well, it has fabulous information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%