Need To Make 100+ Daisies...

Decorating By sjlawrence Updated 26 Mar 2014 , 8:17am by ReneeFLL

sjlawrence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlawrence Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 3:03am
post #1 of 7

Up until now, I have only made specialty birthday cakes.  I was recently asked to do two small wedding cakes and 75 cupcakes all with navy blue daisies on them with silver centers.  I know that I can make them individually out of gum paste but is there a simpler way like buying them pre-made and coloring them myself?  What is the easiest and most efficient way of doing this task keeping in mind that I am only charging $170 for the whole thing?

6 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 3:05am
post #2 of 7

ASince you're already in the hole before you already begin, I assume, based on your own recognition of that super low price, buy them and airbrush them. I'd rather spend more money in this situation just to be done with it quicker.

sjlawrence Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 3:08am
post #3 of 7

The problem is that I don't know what is reasonable to charge.  Everyone wants the 'friends and family' discount.  Can you recommend  anywhere to purchase them from?

AZCouture Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 3:28am
post #4 of 7

AToo bad for them! Do you enjoy working hard for pennies? Look around this very website for plenty of information about pricing. You can also Google for places to find flowers, or someone else might be able to help, I would have to Google as well because I rarely order those.

sjlawrence Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 3:30am
post #5 of 7

Well no, I don't like working for pennies.  I am new at this.  I will definitely look around at other people's suggestions on pricing.

AZCouture Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 4:13am
post #6 of 7

AYes, lots of threads here about the subject. Good luck, you gotta get a handle on pricing and giving discounts left and right isn't going to get you anywhere. Everyone will expect the same treatment.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 8:17am
post #7 of 7

AYikes, only $170.00? Unfortunately you will learn the hard way about not doing your homework before you quote a price. You should always do your homework first before you agree to anything. You need to read, read and read some more.

+1 to what AZCouture said.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%