How To Use Silicone Lace Moulds?

Decorating By Evelyn Butuk Updated 3 Jun 2014 , 12:41am by Evelyn Butuk

Evelyn Butuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evelyn Butuk Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 8:04am
post #1 of 9

AI'm trying to make fondant lace by using flexible silicone moulds. I have Tried using fondant, gum past and also a mixture of both. I'm having a difficult time filling in the mould. I've tried rolling fondant into the mould and then scraping of the access with a knife but it's not working. I've spent over three hours using different methods but so far no luck. Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

8 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 8:55am
post #2 of 9

A"Flexible silicone moulds" is a very vague description for something that encompasses a great deal of different items.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 9:30am
post #3 of 9

AOh dear, it's not that hard, you're over thinking it some how, you must be. But yeah, show us which exact mold, that would be helpful.

Evelyn Butuk Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 9

AHere is a photo of the mould I'm using. I was able to make the lace but it took about half hour to make this piece. I'm thinking my fondant and gum paste mix was too dry because it kept rolling back and I had to go over it several times. Also, here is the tutorial I was following: :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGKaSBiZuY&feature=youtube_gdata_player(

Evelyn Butuk Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evelyn Butuk 

Here is a photo of the mould I'm using. I was able to make the lace but it took about half hour to make this piece. I'm thinking my fondant and gum paste mix was too dry because it kept rolling back and I had to go over it several times. Also, here is the tutorial I was following: :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWGKaSBiZuY&feature=youtube_gdata_player(
maz86eda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maz86eda Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 9

AIm having the same problem I dont know what sort of gum paste or method to use?

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 9

Hi Evelyn. 

You are having trouble, because that is an edible lace mould.  It is made very shallow for a special icing.  It really is not made for fondant or gumpaste. 

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 2 Jun 2014 , 2:54am
post #8 of 9

As CindiM said.  Get hold of some Sugarveil, Cake Lace, Cake Dress etc. mix if you want to use this sort of really shallow mold.

Evelyn Butuk Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 12:41am
post #9 of 9

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will definitely purchase sugar veil mix and give it another try. Thanks again! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%