Monogram Disks For Cupcakes

Decorating By DelorisSut Updated 7 Mar 2014 , 3:56am by DelorisSut

DelorisSut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelorisSut Posted 4 Mar 2014 , 5:49am
post #1 of 6

My granddaughter wants monogrammed disks placed on the frosting on top of the cup cakes for her wedding reception. Any suggestions on what to use to make the disks out of? Fondant is so hard and doesn't taste good so I was hoping there is something else that might be tasty.

5 replies
cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 4 Mar 2014 , 5:56am
post #2 of 6

AModeling chocolate or chocolate disks.

Cakeymom

DelorisSut Posted 4 Mar 2014 , 6:22am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the response. I mentioned to another granddaughter about the modeling chocolate and she said it is very soft and has to be handled with a spatula. I was hoping for something that we could make ahead of time. Maybe I'm expecting to much.

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

Well, maybe the other suggestion will work better for you.  Use a chocolate disk on the cupcake.  Take some chocolate and melt it then spread it to the proper consistency by hand or by using two sticks in whatever height, say 1/8" to spread it between the sticks as a guide on top of parchment paper.  Then before it sets completely use a cutter to cut the disks and once it hardens carefully roll the parchment paper on the edge of the counter to remove the disks. 

Hope this helps

Cakeymom

W3ndy8ird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
W3ndy8ird Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 6

AMarshmallow fondant is easy to make and tastes better than the regular store bought kind, maybe try that?

DelorisSut Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 3:56am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I may try both options out and see which will work the best for me. I do know from using it in the past that marshmallow fondant is rock hard when dried but is easy to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%