Help! Frustrated With Copyright Character Stuff!....

Business By stina293 Updated 2 Mar 2014 , 11:49pm by costumeczar

stina293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stina293 Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 5

AI always refuse to do any licensed character cakes unless I use the plastic toppers. I have a customer who wants a Minnie mouse cake with just the mouse ears and I am having a hard time finding a suitable solution. But I got thinking....if I used the Disney cookie cutters to just cut them out of black fondant is that ok, or is it like the character pans where they are intended for home use only? I really don't want to cut legal corners....I have worked too hard for my business to lose it in a lawsuit. Any help appreciated

4 replies
enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 5

I don't either, I wouldn't take a chance on being fined. Why not just use the color theme with pink bows and polka dots?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 5

AIsn't it just boring to get those overdone cakes in your inbox, nevermind the copyright legalities...but dang, it's just so uncreative. Boooooo.

stina293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stina293 Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 5

AYes! I agree with both of you! I think I will just tell her I can't find anything I can add legally....she already wants polka dot and zebra print... I'll tell her she could buy something from etsy from these people that are supposedly getting around the law by selling only their time, and she can add it on at home if she wants. Thanks :-)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by stina293 
 I'll tell her she could buy something from etsy from these people that are supposedly getting around the law by selling only their time, and she can add it on at home if she wants. Thanks icon_smile.gif

Disney loves them, they give them lots of money for fines when they shut their shops down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%