Disney Frozen - Ideas?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 9 Feb 2014 , 1:20pm by Claire138

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 12

I have a client who wants a cake with the theme of Frozen, I told her to buy the figurines which she did but she wants the cake to have something 'special' to it. I've googled 'Disney Frozen cake' but they all seem the same, I haven't seen the movie so don't know if there is anything else I can add. 

It will be a 9inch round cake that I plan on using the airbrush on to make it half blue half white and then add some snow flakes. I'm covering the cake board with 'snow' and will add a sheen.

Any of you with young kids - (or even if you don't have young kids) - who have seen the movie, can you help?

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 12

no young kids and haven't seen the movie--

looked up images and what about some blue fondant skirting like the bottom of her dress somewhere--maybe all the way around or just a cascade--maybe add a blingy broach--if you did the broaches real simple you could do several drapes with a broach in the middle around the sides?

do some icicles

or a nice frozen tree

stuff like that maybe

http://blog.hwtm.com/2014/01/disney-frozen-party-ideas-and-dessert-table/

-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 12

oh--here's some inspiration for the dress hem--forgot to post that--

http://lillyxandra.deviantart.com/art/Elsa-Cosplay-Frozen-398561817

Claire138 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks K8, I'll try and some of these ideas but frankly I'm not hopeful. There isn't much scope for the imagination (to quote Anne) for this cake!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 12

maybe boost your imagination with some you tube videos of frozen trailers, songs and videos--i mean a 9" cake isn't that big either and if she's already got a toy or two to place on there...you should be ok with what you have--

best to you

Claire138 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 12

That's a great idea, I'll definitely do that. Problem is, she wants height without it being 2 tiers...

-K8memphis Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 10:18pm
post #7 of 12

trees

Claire138 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 7:55am
post #8 of 12

Thanks again K8, client is now waffling over what she wants...... I'm secretly hoping she will cancel as I can tell this is one that will not be happy. Sigh.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 12

AHi, i've seen the movie. You can make it into an ice castle in your client is willing to pay more. BecAuse that was an integral part in the movie :)

Sweetypants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetypants Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 6:37pm
post #10 of 12

Hi, you could use isomalt , blue or clear to make ice shavings to give it some height on the top. I used some rainbow disco dust in my isomalt here which made it sparkle from every direction.  Best of luck to you. Especially if you're gut is already telling you this is a difficult client.....ugh

Claire138 Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 1:19pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks y'all for your help, The isomalt looks great (I'll keep it in mind for next time). here's what I went with.

Claire138 Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 1:20pm
post #12 of 12

I can't work out how to post a photo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%