Scratch Recipe Advice

Baking By jasamy Updated 5 Feb 2014 , 4:52pm by dlyoung

jasamy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jasamy Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 2

I'm just looking for a couple of go to basics….white/ yellow/ chocolate.   I've tried a few from RLB but they can be unforgiving.  I tend to fall back on the extended recipes because of the consistent results.  I'd like to find some reliable scratch ones, though. I've spent hours on this website pouring over posts for scratch recipes. There are a gazillion on here.  The problem is, many don't specify if they are just yummy, or if they will hold up to stacking and under fondant (which is what I'm looking for)  I'm not opposed to experimenting, but I work full time, and I'm a full time mom and would like to streamline the process a bit :)  If anyone can lend a tried and true recipe I'd appreciate it!  If you've had success with modifications (orange, lemon, etc) I wouldn't mind the extra advice.   Thanks in advance!

1 reply
dlyoung Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlyoung Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 2

Check out designmeacake website.  Edna has some great recipes on it.  I've made several of them and they've all been great.  She has tutorials with them if you need help.  Highly recommend them.  I have also had difficulty with some scratch recipes and now for white, I use WASC but for others, I use Edna's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%