Help Prevent Pound Cake From Sliding Around In Cake Box

Decorating By maestro489 Updated 25 Jan 2014 , 3:01pm by sadiep

maestro489 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maestro489 Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 3:41am
post #1 of 9

AI bake and sell a lot of pound cakes and when they aren't iced they slide around in the box. Each of my cakes goes on a cake circle and then inside a cake box. The cake circle is the exact size of the box so it doesn't slide. However the cake itself slides all over the place. When the cake is iced I just put a dab of icing under the cake and it doesn't move. But a lot pound cakes are ordered uniced. Any ideas?

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 4:17am
post #2 of 9

ASmear of corn syrup can work. Not usually as wrll as icing ir chocolate. Otherwise, could you package in a tin?

maestro489 Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 9

AThe tin would be too expensive and would jack up my prices. The corn syrup could work I guess. I worry about a sticky mess when my customers slice the cake though.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 9

i'd still use a smear of icing--they are still getting an uniced cake but it is a secure good to go cake

maestro489 Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 9

AYou wouldn't think it was weird if you got a slice of cake with icing on the bottom.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 9

no--i mean it's not fully icing the bottom of the cake--it's just a dab of glue to adhere it to the board--no problem-o--and it kind of dissipates a little into the cake--a couple 2-3  tablespoons would do it

another idea is to use a liner in the baking pan and adhere that to the board assuming the cake will stay put in the liner--like a huge muffin--

or get a smaller box--

or get a different type of box that snugs the cake in better--like this--i'm sure there's better prices but like these 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C9NGKFU/?tag=cakecentral-20+cake+boxes

some ideas for you

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 9

Or bake in one of these types of disposable molds? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JPJ064/?tag=cakecentral-20+cake+mold

No need to unmold or anything and you could get away with a smaller box, no need to put a cake circle under it...

maestro489 Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 9

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

no--i mean it's not fully icing the bottom of the cake--it's just a dab of glue to adhere it to the board--no problem-o--and it kind of dissipates a little into the cake--a couple 2-3  tablespoons would do it

another idea is to use a liner in the baking pan and adhere that to the board assuming the cake will stay put in the liner--like a huge muffin--

or get a smaller box--

or get a different type of box that snugs the cake in better--like this--i'm sure there's better prices but like these 

[URL=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C9NGKFU/?tag=cakecentral-20+cake+boxes[/URL]

some ideas for you

Great point. I didn't think about the icing dissolving into the bottom of the cake. Thanks

sadiep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiep Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 3:01pm
post #9 of 9

Use a doily on the cake board. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%