annaleescakes Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 4:05pm
post #1 of

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on how this cake was decorated.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/200621358374787600/

The middle tier looks like gold leaf to me, and I guess the top tier is just fondant stripes? But as for that bottom tier, is it painted? Any insights would be so helpful. Thank you! :D

11 replies
Godot Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 4:15pm
post #2 of

AMy bet is an EI.

AZCouture Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 4:25pm
post #3 of

APrinted rice paper.

annaleescakes Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 4:27pm
post #4 of

Oh gosh, I didn't even think of that! I didn't know you could cover an entire cake with it like that?

cupcakemaker Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 8:49pm
post #5 of

AYes printed icing sheets. You just wrap it round.

MBalaska Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 10:13pm
post #6 of

So now a cake has to look like it has the drapes glued to it.   I'm getting wayyyyy old.

cupcakemaker Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 10:16pm
post #7 of

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

So now a cake has to look like it has the drapes glued to it.   I'm getting wayyyyy old.

Each to their own!

helen4u Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 10:41am
post #8 of

Hello, I visited your profile at (cakecentral.com) and I find out that you're the type my heart love, I believe we suit for real love, let walk that precious thing out for heart desire, I hope and believe we match for good. When contacting reply to my mail address (helen_kalushi@hotmail.com) I am waiting for the love. I am, Miss helen

gscout73 Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 5:14am
post #9 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

YES! Or tacky wall paper, or a bedspread, or... :roll:

Pre-printed sugar sheets are available in so many prints.

mcaulir Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 5:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakemaker 

Each to their own!

Yes. I don't find cakes that look like someone's fatigues, for example, especially appealing, but those seem to be popular.

MBalaska Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 8:30am

that's true, lot's of things are popular based on the photo gallery on CC.  ......"each to their own" was a point well made by cupcakemaker. People want what they want.

Strangely enough has anyone ever seen anyone actually eat a real rose spray, stems & all, for example, not very appetizing either; very popular on cakes though.

Godot Posted 26 Jan 2014 , 9:03am

AUgh for camouflage cakes.

I'm so glad I live in a large city/cosmopolitan area so the redneck requests are kept to a minimum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%