Cakepops In Cupcakes

Baking By maude Updated 23 Jan 2014 , 11:49pm by Dayti

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 8

Have an order for cupcakes with cake pops inserted into them. Not sure how to charge for that combination. Any advice would be appreciated. Also have not done cakepops yet so don't even know how to price those.

7 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 8

ANo advice for you - but gross!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 8

You mean a cupcake with a "polka dot" of contrasting cake inside?  I've done heart shapes for Valentine's Day.  Not exactly the same.  I think I added on 50 cents each (maybe just a quarter) for the heart shapes.  Or you mean a cupcake with a stick coming out of the top, which would be pretty weird.  Since you couldn't bake a chocolate coated cake pop into a cupcake, you must be talking about the polka-dot thing.  I'd probably add on 50 cents each, making my regular cupcake move from $3 each to $3.50 each.

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 8

What I mean is a decorated cupcake and then a decorated cakepop sticking out of the top. I should have had a better description, sorry.

leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 8

AOh. Well my cupcakes are $3 each and cake pops are $1.75. David charge at least $4.75 each. I have no idea how you'd package them.

leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 8

ADavid = I'd. Auto correct

leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 8

ASo you'd be holding a cake pop stick with cupcake and icing on it?

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 8

I think you'd have to use a shorter stick, a denser cupcake and/or frosting, and maybe a smaller than normal cakepop. Mine are pretty top heavy - just over 1oz on a 6"stick - and if I tried to stick one in one of my cupcakes, it would probably fall over and rip through the cupcake. No pricing advice for you for your area - I charge €2.50 for a cupcake (frosting and sprinkles, no modelled deco) and €3 for a cakepop with just sprinkles. I would add the 2 prices together, and add a PITA fee and packaging fee. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%