Wedding Cake With Football Coming Out Of Side

Decorating By keepsake Updated 24 Apr 2014 , 9:24pm by Mimimakescakes

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 12:44pm
post #31 of 36

I would make a large cake and carve the tier and football out of the one cake. I would custom cut a board that accommodates through the tier and length of the entire football , situated with  3/4 or even more of the football above the board. , I would use rice Krispie treats for the bottom 1/4 .  

keepsake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepsake Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:48pm
post #32 of 36

Sounds interesting, but I don't quite understand.  Do you mean carving the cake and football as one unit? If so, my carving skills aren't that good.I have thought of using the Wilton football cake pan.   I'm also trying to get a visual of  "...board that accommodates 'through the tier and length of entire football...rkt for the bottom 1/4.'"  That tier will be an 8" tier and the football will be a little over 1/2 the length of an actual football.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 7:29pm
post #33 of 36

If you built a support structure (out of PCV) with an "arm" coming off at the level of the 2nd tier, you could create the ball with RKT after you stack the 2nd tier. Then cover the seam where the ball enters the cake with either a fondant or icing border.

acakes215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acakes215 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 8:16pm
post #34 of 36

ADid you ever figure out how to support the cake football? Do you have pictures?

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 8:52pm
post #35 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie93095 

If you built a support structure (out of PCV) with an "arm" coming off at the level of the 2nd tier, you could create the ball with RKT after you stack the 2nd tier. Then cover the seam where the ball enters the cake with either a fondant or icing border.

I agree with you Rosie, I thought about this too, although I've never done a PVC support....

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 9:24pm
post #36 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepsake 

Sounds interesting, but I don't quite understand.  Do you mean carving the cake and football as one unit? If so, my carving skills aren't that good.I have thought of using the Wilton football cake pan.   I'm also trying to get a visual of  "...board that accommodates 'through the tier and length of entire football...rkt for the bottom 1/4.'"  That tier will be an 8" tier and the football will be a little over 1/2 the length of an actual football.

Yes I do mean carving as one unit. You would need to cut it out of maybe a 12 or fourteen inch oval or rectangle cake.  I do a fair bit of carving so that seems to be the logical way for me to do it . They tier would have a support board through tier and out to the football so it would be a board shaped to support that bit with the round and football shape incorporated. Then the bit underneath the sticking out board bit could be RKT or foam. 

Foam would probably be my choice as you could glue it to the underside of the board. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%