Kitchen Aid Cake

Decorating By mena2002 Updated 21 Jan 2014 , 9:00pm by savannahquinn

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 12

Any advise on how to go about making this cake?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

11 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 12

AWhat is your plan of attack, before I answer? You have some idea already, right? I'd rather not repeat myself if you already have some of it figured out.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 12

two support dowels- one  going through the  back and one in the front through the bowl to hold up a cake board which has the top of the KA on top.  Did that make sense?  I would use the same tactics as some of the sewing machine cakes that are out there.

savannahquinn Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 12
from someone on this site

I made this cake for a Kitchen Themed bridal shower.  The bottom, side and bowl are cake.  Top piece is RCT.  Covered in Fondant.  Silver luster dust for the bowl.  White royal icing on top of the bowl.

Kitchenaid Mixer

I made this cake for a Kitchen Themed bridal shower. The bottom, side and bowl are cake. Top piece is RCT. Covered in Fondant. Silver luster dust for the bowl. White royal icing on top of the bowl.
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 12

ABut that doesn't explain in great detail, every single step, from cracking the first egg, to washing the dishes afterwards. How thoughtless to give half information. Just kidding by the way...;-)

savannahquinn Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

But that doesn't explain in great detail, every single step, from cracking the first egg, to washing the dishes afterwards. How thoughtless to give half information. Just kidding by the way...icon_wink.gif

LOL I'm sure there's a tutorial for that out there!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 12

I'd love a KA:( Guess I'll have to make myself a cake one for the time being........ The cakes are great btw:wink:

savannahquinn Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 8:59pm
post #8 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire138 

I'd love a KA:( Guess I'll have to make myself a cake one for the time being........ The cakes are great btw:wink:

I know they are so cute! Such a clever idea...now I want to make one too!

mena2002 Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 1:37am
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone for responding. I was thinking about inserting the two dowels in front and back like savannahquinn suggested, but was wondering how I would got about putting it together.

Would I need to secure the dowels in place? I was afraid that if I were to put the dowels in after I decorated the cake, and if it were moved, that the dowels might rip through the cake. Or am I just overthinking it lol..

So if the dowels were secured then putting the cake together would be more difficult. Do I stack and carve the cake when it's on the dowels or after? And the bowl would have to be covered in fondant before I put it on too?

Hope I make sense. Thanks again for everyone taking the time to respond!

savannahquinn Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 2:46am
post #10 of 12

search sewing machine cake by Sweetbitescakes on this site, she has pics and writes a huge description of what she did. I think this will be helpful to you :)

mena2002 Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 4:10am
post #11 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by savannahquinn 

search sewing machine cake by Sweetbitescakes on this site, she has pics and writes a huge description of what she did. I think this will be helpful to you :)

Thank you so much!! This helped tremendously!!

savannahquinn Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 9:00pm
post #12 of 12

Mena2002, post pics when you are done I can't wait to see the finished cake!!!!! Maybe your own tutorial too- so I can make one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%