Help!! Red Velvet "lava" Mess!

Baking By MissJoyous

MissJoyous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJoyous Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 1

*reposting in CUPCAKES too since I need help with these cupcakes ~ please & thank you!

Hi all ~ this forum has been so helpful and I am learning more every day in my kitchen with trial and error. But I've tried this now 4 slightly different ways... and basically still end up with a mess.

I will post the recipe I was inspired by which is basically cupcakes with a "lava" ganache filling ~ I used my WASC Red Velvet cake mix.. and made ganache with 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream... heated, chilled, formed into 1 Tbs size balls.. sometimes less, with my testing.

All I keep getting is a gooey cupcake that has the ganache oozing out of the top, melted into the cupcake making it very 'hollow', and then it just seems to just seep out of the bottom of the cupcake making it very difficult to pull from the liner.

Can any of you help me with this? Where did I go wrong? To sell these I would be keeping them in their liners, and was hoping to just dust with powdered sugar; to serve catered, I wanted to serve them upside down with a dust of powdered sugar... but with the way all of mine have turned out, neither is an option.

Please help! I'm baking all day & looking for answers. THANK YOU!

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/02/red-velvet-molten-lava-cupcakes/

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%