Brownie Cake Pops Issues! Please Help!

Baking By bakernoobie Updated 18 Jan 2014 , 7:27pm by enga

bakernoobie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakernoobie Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 2

Hi!

I have got a new cake pop maker and I have already made banana cake pops, they looked amazing but they varied in taste, some were a bit dry etc..

Now I am trying it the second time around, this time the goal is to make brownie cake pops with raspberry frosting!

I am making it with readymade brownie cake mix and I read somewhere that I should add an extra egg and swap the water for vegetable oil to make the pops come out less dry, so I did this, otherwise I mixed it the way I was supposed to.

Now, the problem is that the pops are BOTH running over the edge when they're starting to raise rather than carry on raising within the mould! I tried using less mix, but then they turned out hollow or they had collapsed with great big craters in the middles? Is there anything I could do to the rest of the mix to try and make them come out better?? Is there too much raising agent in the mix? Is the cake pop maker not closing up the moulds properly so that the mix stays in them? Is the vegetable oil making the mix too runny when it heats up? Before it gets hot the mix is not runny at all, but rather quite sticky and paste like..

I'd really appreciate any help or feedback on this, I really want some of the pops to turn out alright, I was gonna show up at work with delicious pops for my staff tomorrow!! :)

1 reply
enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakernoobie 

Hi!

I have got a new cake pop maker and I have already made banana cake pops, they looked amazing but they varied in taste, some were a bit dry etc..

Now I am trying it the second time around, this time the goal is to make brownie cake pops with raspberry frosting!

I am making it with readymade brownie cake mix and I read somewhere that I should add an extra egg and swap the water for vegetable oil to make the pops come out less dry, so I did this, otherwise I mixed it the way I was supposed to.

Now, the problem is that the pops are BOTH running over the edge when they're starting to raise rather than carry on raising within the mould! I tried using less mix, but then they turned out hollow or they had collapsed with great big craters in the middles? Is there anything I could do to the rest of the mix to try and make them come out better?? Is there too much raising agent in the mix? Is the cake pop maker not closing up the moulds properly so that the mix stays in them? Is the vegetable oil making the mix too runny when it heats up? Before it gets hot the mix is not runny at all, but rather quite sticky and paste like..

I'd really appreciate any help or feedback on this, I really want some of the pops to turn out alright, I was gonna show up at work with delicious pops for my staff tomorrow!! :)

Maybe you could just bake the rest of the mix off in a pan like you would with making regular brownies. I doesn't sound like the batter is going to work in the cake pop maker.  Crumble the brownies if the are moist and can hold together on their own, if they come out dry you could add a little chocolate icing to hand make the cake balls.

That way you could still have your cake pops for work tomorrow and experiment with the brownie recipe when you have more time. HTH :wink: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%