Please Help!!!!!!

Decorating By bilbo Updated 18 Jan 2014 , 10:43pm by SystemMod1

bilbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bilbo Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:46am
post #31 of 54

Suggesting holy water for my cake is just mean. I'm not dumb, I know water and frosting don't go well togehter. I'll figure it out on my own since I'm not getting advice on how to fix it here and won't bother posting agian. I was warned about this place and I din't listen. Won't make that mistake again.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:03am
post #32 of 54

I don't call that mean, I call it sarcastic.  Bilbo, you have been given advise on what to do several times by several people of what to do to fix it so I don't know why you are saying that.  You need to take the cake apart and fix your support system.  Each dowel has the be the same level and sitting on a cardboard cake board or the cake will not be level.  If the cake is not level it will lean.  You should also make your own buttercream so that it won't be too thick and tear your cake apart when trying to smooth it on the outside.  The dowel going through the side is doing nothing and won't help in the least so needs to be taken out regardless of what you do.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:16am
post #33 of 54

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:30am
post #34 of 54

This thread can't be real.

Liz

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:46am
post #35 of 54

agreed, doesn't your leg feel that little tug

liz at sugar Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:54am
post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBalaska 

agreed, doesn't your leg feel that little tug

Yes, and although I didn't believe any of it from the beginning, it was really cemented for me here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbo 

Suggesting holy water for my cake is just mean. I'm not dumb, I know water and frosting don't go well togehter. I'll figure it out on my own since I'm not getting advice on how to fix it here and won't bother posting agian. I was warned about this place and I din't listen. Won't make that mistake again.

How bored is someone that they spend a Friday night trolling a cake site?

Liz

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:57am
post #37 of 54

AAs bored as those of us responding? Haha

liz at sugar Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:59am
post #38 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

As bored as those of us responding? Haha

At least we have a real life interest in cake. :)

I'm giving up - good night!

Liz

leilossweetshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilossweetshop Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:35pm
post #39 of 54

AThis is a mess and great morning entertainment while I drink my coffee..

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:43pm
post #40 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilossweetshop 

This is a mess and great morning entertainment while I drink my coffee..

i know! that was hysterical! 

holy water and askhole are my favorites--scrumdiddly--you're on a roll! too funny

can't stop laughing

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:46pm
post #41 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

This is perfectly on target.   ♦Bingo♦

bilbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bilbo Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:17pm
post #42 of 54

I did listen and do listen and no I'm not a *troll*. I pulled the whole thing apart but wasn't able to save it so I went with a plain cake. I bent some wires into a tornado shape and put them on top of the cake.

I only charge $10 because I had to go get another cake mix and can of frosting. I know you said to make my own but I don't know how to do that and didn't have time to try anything else.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:22pm
post #43 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbo 

I did listen and do listen and no I'm not a *troll*. I pulled the whole thing apart but wasn't able to save it so I went with a plain cake. I bent some wires into a tornado shape and put them on top of the cake.

I only charge $10 because I had to go get another cake mix and can of frosting. I know you said to make my own but I don't know how to do that and didn't have time to try anything else.

i really like your tornado--how did you get it to stick in there? what's the black tornado debris chibbley bits strewn around made of --it's a well thought out cake even though you had to scramble there at the end--got a picture of the other one?

OMGOMG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGOMG Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:27pm
post #44 of 54

OMG! That turn out so cute! I bet they loved it and it made them so happy t get such a good cake. Please keep yur head up and keep trying because people are so mean on this board. you do a great job and have something to be proud of. And putting wires in cake s a great idea but are you sure it is safe for kids to lick the frosting off of it? I just say this because I am 12 and that is what i want to do is lick the frosting off it, lolololol! 

OMGOMG Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:28pm
post #45 of 54

It look like chopped up feathers to me. so cute! like birds got sucked outta the sky and blasted into the ground. you shudda put blood too. lolololololol!

liz at sugar Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:59pm
post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGOMG 

OMG! That turn out so cute! I bet they loved it and it made them so happy t get such a good cake. Please keep yur head up and keep trying because people are so mean on this board. you do a great job and have something to be proud of. And putting wires in cake s a great idea but are you sure it is safe for kids to lick the frosting off of it? I just say this because I am 12 and that is what i want to do is lick the frosting off it, lolololol! 

To be a good troll, you need to keep your story straight.  Unlikely that you would be 12, would have made a royal icing covered fruitcake for a wedding, are selling cakes under the table in Illinois, and are now moving to Ohio where you can get that business named and up and running!

It has been mildly entertaining, but you'll really need to up your game if you want to troll as a future career.

If by some astronomical chance you are actually 12, where in the hell are your parents or guardians?

I'm out . . .

Liz

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:06pm
post #47 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGOMG 

To be a good troll, you need to keep your story straight.  Unlikely that you would be 12, would have made a royal icing covered fruitcake for a wedding, are selling cakes under the table in Illinois, and are now moving to Ohio where you can get that business named and up and running!

It has been mildly entertaining, but you'll really need to up your game if you want to troll as a future career.

If by some astronomical chance you are actually 12, where in the hell are your parents or guardians?

I'm out . . .

Liz

Hey now, now this makes more sense. I was baking cakes at 8 years old, and watching my little brother while my mom worked as a nurse. I sold my first cake when I was 14, and it was a 3 tier wedding cake. No need to cuss at a 12 year old, either. And I left my 12 year olds home alone for 4 hours at a time, and now they are 13 I am letting them babysit for up to 2 hours at a time. They have tablets and facebook. Heck, my 4 year old watches a youtube channel where a little 6 year old boy has tutorials an reviews on toys. He, my 4 year old< plays Angry birds friends and SKUNKS my grown friends who play it. And they think it is me, lol. I have NEVER played it.

People have different experiences in life, there is no need to be rude and purely hateful.

AND, my mom moved at least 20 times when I was growing up, and guess what, I MOVED WITH HER, SO YEAH, 12 YEAR OLDS MOVE. FFS.

liz at sugar Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:16pm
post #48 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Hey now, now this makes more sense. I was baking cakes at 8 years old, and watching my little brother while my mom worked as a nurse. I sold my first cake when I was 14, and it was a 3 tier wedding cake. No need to cuss at a 12 year old, either. And I left my 12 year olds home alone for 4 hours at a time, and now they are 13 I am letting them babysit for up to 2 hours at a time. They have tablets and facebook. Heck, my 4 year old watches a youtube channel where a little 6 year old boy has tutorials an reviews on toys. He, my 4 year old< plays Angry birds friends and SKUNKS my grown friends who play it. And they think it is me, lol. I have NEVER played it.

People have different experiences in life, there is no need to be rude and purely hateful.

AND, my mom moved at least 20 times when I was growing up, and guess what, I MOVED WITH HER, SO YEAH, 12 YEAR OLDS MOVE. FFS.

My apologies for the cursing.  But I really don't think this person is a 12 year old whose life experience has mirrored yours.  Not many 12 year olds in middle America (where I happen to reside) are making royal icing covered fruitcakes for a wedding.  So i'm pretty sure this is a troll.  My daughter of the same age is also very computer literate, but I'm not letting her chat on a forum with strangers from around the world.

Liz

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:18pm
post #49 of 54

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

Quote:

My apologies for the cursing.  But I really don't think this person is a 12 year old whose life experience has mirrored yours.  Not many 12 year olds in middle America (where I happen to reside) are making royal icing covered fruitcakes for a wedding.  So i'm pretty sure this is a troll.  My daughter of the same age is also very computer literate, but I'm not letting her chat on a forum with strangers from around the world.

Liz

Where is she right now? Is she ever home alone? What was she doing then?

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:18pm
post #50 of 54

ASo, this 12 year old had already made a wedding cake (rat and all), sold cakes illegally in their home state, made plans to start a legal business in a new state, has a job (left the famous rat cake in the garage because they had to go to work) and has kids ("we kiss our rats on the mouth the same as we do our kids"). That is impressive!

liz at sugar Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:23pm
post #51 of 54

Quote:

Where is she right now? Is she ever home alone? What was she doing then?

She is here right now laughing with me.  And no, she doesn't stay home alone.

Anna, I am sorry if I offended you, I really am not trying to pick a fight.  Have a good night!

Liz

OMGOMG Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:27pm
post #52 of 54

I'm sorry for the confusion, I don't really proofread read a lot and my screen is really small, and my keyboard is even smaller. I got my nubers mixed up, I am 22, not 12. but thank you for defended me annabakescakes. And sorry i didn't see this sooner, I am reading up on how to make a mudcake. I read it is like a brownie? I am almost afraid to ask but I'm going to be the bigger person and just ignore the negativity.

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:34pm
post #53 of 54

Oh, for crying out loud... Nothing to see here people, lol.

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:43pm
post #54 of 54

First, it is Cake Central policy to flag illegal bakers if they say they are selling cakes illegally.  Most of you know this.

Second, I can't make heads or tails of this thread so I'm deleting the whole thing.

Uh, thank you for participating?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%