Refund From Canceled Cake Central December 7Th Classes In Philadelphia

Business By CakeryBakery Updated 16 Jan 2014 , 3:15am by CakeryBakery

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 2:41am
post #31 of 39

FromScratch, I am going to say the problem IS Cake Central, not Paypal.  THEY cancelled the classes and THEY should have gotten refunds out to those affected as soon as they cancelled the class.  There's no reason people should have to be trying to deal with this more than a month after the class was supposed to take place.  No one should have to contact an attorney to get a refund.  For them to not even return phone calls or emails to those people is just plain unprofessional.

Honestly, this is not the only problem Cake Central has had (not related to this website).  Look at the disaster the magazine turned out to be.  Issues never went out, people couldn't get refunds, no replies to multiple messages.  I'm sure Jackie and Heath are lovely people and their starting Cake Central is wonderful.  But it seems they are way in over their heads when it comes to the other business ventures - magazine, classes, etc,- they are attempting (poorly) to do.  Honestly, it makes me wonder if they spent the money and now don't have it to refund, which is why they haven't given it back and won't return messages.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 2:49am
post #32 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakesbycathy 

FromScratch, I am going to say the problem IS Cake Central, not Paypal.  THEY cancelled the classes and THEY should have gotten refunds out to those affected as soon as they cancelled the class.  There's no reason people should have to be trying to deal with this more than a month after the class was supposed to take place.  No one should have to contact an attorney to get a refund.  For them to not even return phone calls or emails to those people is just plain unprofessional.

Honestly, this is not the only problem Cake Central has had (not related to this website).  Look at the disaster the magazine turned out to be.  Issues never went out, people couldn't get refunds, no replies to multiple messages.  I'm sure Jackie and Heath are lovely people and their starting Cake Central is wonderful.  But it seems they are way in over their heads when it comes to the other business ventures - magazine, classes, etc,- they are attempting (poorly) to do.  Honestly, it makes me wonder if they spent the money and now don't have it to refund, which is why they haven't given it back and won't return messages.

What I underlined, is EXACTLY what it sounds like and this is what people will assume when a business takes your money, cancels an event and does not properly communicate with you.  I certainly hope this isn't the case.

I own a large business that has nothing to do with cakes and I can't imagine not refunding money within 7-14 business days.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 2:53am
post #33 of 39

I must be reading a different thread then you all.  I'll re-read because people I normally agree with are telling me I'm wrong so give me a minute here.

CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 3:02am
post #34 of 39

AThank you. It's not just a complaint. Let's say you have a bride that paid a deposit or in full for a wedding cake and YOU cancel their order because you can no longer make their cake. Are you seriously telling me it's ok not to refund thier money in a timely manner? Are you saying its ok to ignore their calls and emails questioning when they can expect their refund?really you cant honestly believe that is acceptable busniess practices.

I had no way of knowing how many others were impacted, but PayPal suggested that I try to find out. Especially when I complained that they were still collecting money for other classes and having people pay via PayPal. That was my only reason for posting on cake central I've been a member for several years and rarely post on here.

I understand some of us can be protective at times but seriously if it were your $200.00 or more you would certainly not be as understanding? $50 dollars, not a big deal I could wait till next December for a refund..... $200.00 is salary for one of my employees for 1 days work so to me it's a lot of money to pay games with.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 3:03am
post #35 of 39

AIMO the issue is mostly poor communication between CC staff and paying customers, this comes up over and over again in the forums. It's especially bizarre since this very forum would be the perfect place for that communication to take place (either in public or PMs). If they don't have enough staff to handle customer service, they need to hire more staff.

This thread is a prime example...it is over three days old and we know at least one agent of CC is aware of it, but there has been no official response from any staff member. It's almost as if no one from CC (aside from the understaffed contingent of moderators) reads the forum at all.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 3:06am
post #36 of 39

Any idea how many people were signed up for these classes?  I am seeing people complain in several different facebook groups about it.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 3:07am
post #37 of 39

Jason, you'll know someone from CC has read this thread - as soon as it gets deleted :roll:

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 3:09am
post #38 of 39

A

Original message sent by cakesbycathy

Jason, you'll know someone from CC has read this thread - as soon as it gets deleted :roll:

Seriously. This is the only forum I've ever seen where threads (aside from obvious spam) are routinely deleted instead of moderated.

CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 3:15am
post #39 of 39

Awell put Paperfishies!. That was part of my fear after weeks of no response to numerous emails and phone calls. We've had several business' locally which went out of business, closed their doors left brides stranded without wedding gowns, left customers stranded without cakes, customer at their doors to pick up furniture but the business is gone... and I could go on and on.....

I am just happy my ordeal is over and I have my refund. I had forgotten completely about the magazines.... Maybe I just thought this would be different.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%