How Can I Make A Zingy Edf Cake???

Decorating By Create-cake Updated 13 Jan 2014 , 9:32am by Create-cake

Create-cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Create-cake Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 7

A[ATTACHMENT=1442]image.jpg (14k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hello

I need some help!! I have been asked to make a 3D Zingy EDF Blob Cake. Not too sure what tins to use and more importantly how to cover it with fondant and get the lovely point "flame effect" on top without any seams........

Any Ideas please ?

6 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 7

For how many people/

Create-cake Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 11:28am
post #3 of 7

ANeeds to feed 12 -15 people......

savannahquinn Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 7

Well I was going to suggest using the wilton ball pan and just carving a bit but I don't think that will be large enough.  How about  using a 1/2 of the ball pan on an 8 inch and carving? for both halves? you can make the point with a fondant "cone' and cover it with  the fondant when you cover the cake.

Create-cake Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 7

AThanks. Do you mean do a round 8" cake and then 1/2 8" ball pan on top to make a big dome? I assume do this two times to get the two halves. If I made a fondant cone how would I support hat on the cake? Do you think it would be possible to cover the whole cake in one piece?

savannahquinn Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 7

AYes, my ball pan is 6 inches. I just put the fondant "Cone" on top and cover it with fondant. I don't think I would be able to cover the whole thing with one Piece .

Create-cake Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 9:32am
post #7 of 7

AThanks for your help, really appreciate it. I'm still a little confused on the cone top........are you meaning add it once the cake is finished or to put a cone on the top of cake the cover that 1/2 of cake including cone with new fondant? Sorry, think I am probably overthinking the whole thing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%