Which Attachment For Buttercream ? (Pic Included)

Decorating By kausha Updated 11 Jan 2014 , 4:39pm by -K8memphis

kausha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kausha Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

Here's the pic : http://images.getprice.com.au/products/1613-mum56340au.jpg (mixer hook and whisk)

I just received this for X'mas and trying to find out which attachment is best for buttercream. Unfortunately there's no paddle attachment ;( Till now I used a handmixer and with the two whip attachments. The buttercream used to be nice and fluffy! I tried this machine with the whipping attachment, beating the usual time, but didn't quite like the "fluffiness"

Any idea, which attachment is better( obviously not the hook :lol: ) or should i use the whisk but beat more

Thank you all :-D

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 7

yes the hook is not a great option--so did you try both the whip with the most wires in it and the paddle one that has the double wire outlining it--but i would think the paddle would work best--i would try to make enough icing that will come up to the neck of the paddle--that will cover the arms all up--that way less air can get in which is what you get with the multi-wired one--it adds air-- 

and i would mix on slow for a long time to see how it does--

hope this works out for you--looks like a very handy appliance

deannescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deannescakes Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 7

IMO, the paddle attachment is the best option, because it does not make too many air bubbles. But if you don't have that, I think the whisk attachment would be the next best thing. :)

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 7

yes what deanne said--and if i had to use the whip--i would fill the mixer as i stated earlier and then reserve a bit of the liquid--after completely mixed--and right before using--i'd add some hot water and stir the icing to eliminate some of the air if necessary--

stirring the icing by hand with a spatula will help some--

kausha Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks a lot :) I didnt try the buttercream with that "paddle with less wire" attachment, just tried it with the whisk attachment. Will try it with the other one...... thought the other one would not work! but i was wrong... let me try it with that and come back to you all...

Thanks a lot!!!

kausha Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7

AHey all....

As promise here I am :) The paddle with the 3 wires worked perfectly.. The buttercream came soft and very fluffy.

Thank you so much !!

Cheers!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 7

hooray and cheers ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%