Which Tip Should I Use For This Frosting ???

Baking By sweetMTcute Updated 4 Dec 2013 , 2:14am by sweetMTcute

sweetMTcute Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hi =D , I accidentally came across this picture of a gorgeous dessert made by Japanese pastry chefs

I would like to try to make a cake topping like this but I don't know which tip I should use to make the frosting so I really need your help (picture would be a great help) . 


Thanks a lot =D !


P/s : Does anyone know how to make the frosting look like this ? I will be really thankful if someone tell me how to do this style of frosting =D !



5 replies
liz at sugar Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe a rose tip used with the narrow point up, working from the side instead of from the top?  Just a guess there.



AnnieCahill Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 6

A petal tip like a 104 would work perfectly, with the fat side down and the narrow end pointed up.

remnant3333 Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 6

The bigger the rose petal tip the bigger your ruffle will be. You could use the 124 tip for a bigger looking ruffle.

sweetMTcute Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6

So it's petal tip and ruffle piping =) .Thank you for all your help =D !!!!!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%