I Need Help Please!!!

Lounge By JazLewis Updated 23 Nov 2013 , 2:07pm by -K8memphis

JazLewis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JazLewis Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 7:46am
post #1 of 3

AHi everyone! My name is Jaz, I'm new to cake Central.

I got a cake order to serve 100 people. The cake has a layer of stabilized whipped cream, with some fruit, and 2 layers of custard. I did a crumb coat with buttercream. I need to cover the cake in fondant and put some writing on top with buttercream and royal icing. And also some fondant decorations that I prepared a few days ago. I know I need to refrigerate this cake because it has perishable fillings. I know if I refrigerate it, the fondant will have condensation, but if I leave it at room temp for 3 hours after refrigeration, the condensation will dry up, but if I refrigerate it after I've done the royal icing scrolls and buttercream writing, will it ruin my scrolls and writing during the fondants condensation process? Or is it best that I do any decorations after the sweat has dried up? Please help... Thanks

2 replies
nouha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nouha Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 8:39am
post #2 of 3

AHi im new here too n also new to cake decorating. I would do the writing in royal icing on some baking paper n let it try then place it on the cake.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 3

yes the water from the condensation has the potential to mess up royal icing--could you not use buttercream?

you have to keep this cake chilled-

it's a safety issue to each and every one of the 100 guests--you do not have the luxury of setting it out of the fridge at room temp for three hours on purpose--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%