Onlay Using A Cutter

Decorating By EllesKakes Updated 24 Nov 2013 , 3:53pm by pj22

EllesKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllesKakes Posted 22 Nov 2013 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know which was used to create this design.  I do not think it was an onlay design.

Thanks. 

10 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 8:26am
post #2 of 11

AI have seen smaller onlays as well as the larger ones, but the design looks like it was made with cutters-a standard size and a smaller one to cut out the inside.

If you look closely some of the holes in the center are offset. It's difficult to tell but I've seen this done before, pinterest I think-three different designs from cutters to make patterns.

I can't wait until after I finish the kids Xmas shopping so I can justify buying some of the Marvelous Molds, just dying to try them and some of Mariana's and Earlene's molds as well...I'm a cake toy junkie, shameful

EllesKakes Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 11

Thx SMcKinney07, I realize that its done with a cutter.  I just realize though that I did not state that in my comment.  I meant to write 'Does anyone know which cutter was used to create this design'  :-)

I have combed all my suppliers website and just cannot find a cutter that's similar and my cake is for this Saturday!  I actually like the marvelous molds but my client does not want any of those designs, really!  They look so much nicer than hand cut shapes :-)

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 11

Ano just cakes by annie.com . She have nice cutters

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 11

you could get there with a hydrangea or dogwood cutter

dogwood cutters come graduated and you could pop the outer edge and round it to do that

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 3:39am
post #6 of 11

Goggle Lisa Bugeja.  This is her Venetian Window Cutters.  I got mine at Flour Confections.  Maybe you can comparison shop.

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 4:15am
post #7 of 11

A[URL]http://www.sugarartstudio.com/quatrefoil_cutter.php[/URL]

I just ordered the Floral and the Go-Go quatrefoil cutters from this site. Worked great for a cake I made for a wedding today.

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3145244/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Smckinney07 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 7:38am
post #8 of 11

Ahttp://www.flourconfections.com/venetian-window-cutter-set-designed-lisa-bugeja-p-3900.html

I'm sure you can price check, since you'd only need the two or a graduated set.

Smckinney07 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 7:39am
post #9 of 11

AOh, AllForShow found them-sorry didn't see that

EllesKakes Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 12:29pm
post #10 of 11

Can I just tell you all how much I love my CakeCentral team.  You are all so great and never hesitate to help.  Thank you all soooo much.:-)

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 11

AThis is great info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%