Help Please ! My First Order!

Decorating By cakelove2105 Updated 21 Nov 2013 , 7:36am by MBalaska

cakelove2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelove2105 Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 3:46am
post #1 of 8

Hello Guys,

How much would do you charge a pineapple upside down cake?? in pounds please.  This is my first order, and I do not want to charge the person wrong. 

Thanks a lot :)

7 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 4:21am
post #2 of 8

ACost of ingredients, supplies and overhead plus hourly wage plus profit in line with local market rates. In pounds.

Seriously you have to do the work and figure out your own prices. You're not ready to take orders until you know whether there's even any profit in your product. What if I say £20 and you don't realize until later that your ingredients are going to cost £15 alone? You will have done all that and have nothing to show for it.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 4:30am
post #3 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Cost of ingredients, supplies and overhead plus hourly wage plus profit in line with local market rates. In pounds.

Seriously you have to do the work and figure out your own prices. You're not ready to take orders until you know whether there's even any profit in your product. What if I say £20 and you don't realize until later that your ingredients are going to cost £15 alone? You will have done all that and have nothing to show for it.

Yep.

Liz

cakelove2105 Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 8

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

Cost of ingredients, supplies and overhead plus hourly wage plus profit in line with local market rates. In pounds.

Thanks a lot kikiankyle.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 8

I'm confused. Do you mean pounds as currency? Or do you mean pounds as weight?

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 8

AFrom their other posts I've figured out that they're talking about weight, because that's how it's done where they're from but not where they live.

cakelove2105 Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 3:21am
post #7 of 8

So, How do you guys charge? i'm not really familiarized with this topic to be honest. I just know I've bought Dominican cakes here in PA for my family member's birthday parties, and they charged me by pound. For example, I told them the servings I needed and they told me how many pounds of cake I needed and then they charged. I apologize if I haven't been clear enough.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Nov 2013 , 7:36am
post #8 of 8

Dominican cake images look like everyone else's cakes....

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=uh3_my_web_gs&va=dominican+cakes

Dominican cake recipe on Cake Central looks like a regular cake with pineapple juice....

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/dominican-cake-2

You write "I've bought Dominican cakes here in PA for my family member's birthday parties, and they charged me by pound."  I've never heard of that before  on the west coast.

Wherever "PA" is located at.....( the state of Pennsylvania?)  there is where your answer will be.

Speak to your local neighbors and friends.  Look at the cakes in your grocery stores and bakeries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%