post #1 of 24

i'm at 9,997 with this one :lol: 

let's see how long i can keep my mouth shut--

it's like my cc odometer is turning over--

23 replies
howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 24

Heeeeeelp!! I'm doing my first wedding cake for tomorrow, I'm desperate!!! Need help right now!!! It's 4 tier and I'm wondering if I should use any kind of support and if someone can share their time tested, tweaked recipes. Also, it's supposed to be coated in fonada? Does anyone know what that is? The top tier is going to be cheesecake- that doesn't have to be regrigerated, does it?  I'll be delivering the cake across the rockies from California to Florida, but I'm thinking I should just send it UPS. I need packaging tips today. I will not be back to this thread to thank you, but definitely tell me step by step how to make this cake. I also need help with pricing. How much should I charge?

Seriously, congrats!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 12:25am
post #3 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

Heeeeeelp!! I'm doing my first wedding cake for tomorrow, I'm desperate!!! Need help right now!!! It's 4 tier and I'm wondering if I should use any kind of support and if someone can share their time tested, tweaked recipes. Also, it's supposed to be coated in fonada? Does anyone know what that is? The top tier is going to be cheesecake- that doesn't have to be regrigerated, does it?  I'll be delivering the cake across the rockies from California to Florida, but I'm thinking I should just send it UPS. I need packaging tips today. I will not be back to this thread to thank you, but definitely tell me step by step how to make this cake. I also need help with pricing. How much should I charge?

Seriously, congrats!

oh come on! fedex ground is the only way to go  :lol: 

as for pricing just hand them the cake along with a hundred dollar bill--you should be ok

thank you! 

this is 9,999 ;)

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 12:33am
post #4 of 24

howsweet, you gave me quite a few chuckles (sending it UPS, need packaging tips).

But Kate, please, do not do not do not respond. Do not. Dare you. :mischeivous: 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 3:21am
post #5 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

Heeeeeelp!! I'm doing my first wedding cake for tomorrow, I'm desperate!!! Need help right now!!! ..............................

Seriously, congrats!

howsweet: that was funny!

K8memphis:  congratulations,  What's the prize for 10,000?

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 4:42am
post #6 of 24

AFedex, fondant and free, right K8?

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 6:00am
post #7 of 24

AFonada!!! Lol!!

-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

But Kate, please, do not do not do not respond. Do not. Dare you. :mischeivous: 

8O you got me-- this was rough to not respond--too funny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBalaska 

howsweet: that was funny!

K8memphis:  congratulations,  What's the prize for 10,000?

still waiting for my prize...maybe get to put out a decorating fire today for someone ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

Fedex, fondant and free, right K8?

for real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

Fonada!!! Lol!!

fonada forevah!

--and i got up this morning and forgot and my odometer flipped over yapping about zero trans fats, zero money in bread making and how to make scrolls 

10,000 and counting--where did it all go??? :lol:

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 24

AI haven't thought to look at my post count... I'm not even at 2000. Shocking, since since I've been here since '05.

-K8memphis Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 24

yeah me too--'05 but i've had many silent years on here too

so you're fixing to turn over to 2,000 soon-- 78 to go ;)

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 12:41pm
post #11 of 24

Congratulations on 10,000 posts of helping people!!! 

Can you help me with anger management/annoyance issues when people assume you will give them a cheaper price on their wedding cake because they just want a "simple design" and they're on a "tight budget"? Then also want a 3D carved Nascar cake for the groom, but also want it cheap because they're on a "tight budget"? YET the wedding is being held at a country club and a Nurse Practitioner and Doctor are the two getting married. 

:x

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 12:58pm
post #12 of 24

I'm confused.  I've been looking back and you seem to have been stuck on 10,049 forever.

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 4:08pm
post #13 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfeagan 

Congratulations on 10,000 posts of helping people!!! 

Can you help me with anger management/annoyance issues when people assume you will give them a cheaper price on their wedding cake because they just want a "simple design" and they're on a "tight budget"? Then also want a 3D carved Nascar cake for the groom, but also want it cheap because they're on a "tight budget"? YET the wedding is being held at a country club and a Nurse Practitioner and Doctor are the two getting married. 

:x

so sweet -- thank you

as far as anger management goes --  oh yes i am way experienced at managing a ton of anger :-X at cheap-o clients    :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but seriously i think a light display of (perhaps slightly amused) annoyance goes a long way toward keeping their kind to a minimum not to mention it feels good to be just a little short with them :lol:

gotta kiss a lotta frogs type a thing--but the manna* is on it's way...

*the goodies falling from heaven type manna

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 4:09pm
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

I'm confused.  I've been looking back and you seem to have been stuck on 10,049 forever.

too funny :lol:

<high five>

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 4:39pm
post #15 of 24

I've been a member of this forum for almost 10 years.  Scary.

Glad to have you around, K8!

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 4:54pm
post #16 of 24

thank you, annie, and right back atcha

13 months and you'll be 10 years old!

mfeagan Posted 15 Nov 2013 , 6:47pm
post #17 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

so sweet -- thank you

as far as anger management goes --  oh yes i am way experienced at managing a ton of anger :-X at cheap-o clients    :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but seriously i think a light display of (perhaps slightly amused) annoyance goes a long way toward keeping their kind to a minimum not to mention it feels good to be just a little short with them :lol:

gotta kiss a lotta frogs type a thing--but the manna* is on it's way...

*the goodies falling from heaven type manna

;-D

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 17 Nov 2013 , 11:56am
post #18 of 24

AThanks for your 10,000 + pieces of advice, laughs and smiles!! Theresa

-K8memphis Posted 17 Nov 2013 , 1:48pm
post #19 of 24

thank you, theresa

ammcats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ammcats Posted 17 Nov 2013 , 7:14pm
post #20 of 24

AAs a non contributing lurker/learner here, I just wanna say that your 10,000 posts of "gems" has at time had me in fits of laughter. I have learned sooo much from this forum.

Back in January my to be daughter in law asked me to make their wedding cake. I said no, but she persuaded me and so my learning curve begun. In July I made a four tier fruit cake which I have been feeding dutifully. Have spent many many hours practicing gumpaste flowers. Changed my mind a hundred times on colour, layout, size, and number. Made maybe 100 roses/buds (all great practice), and am only going to use 4!!!

Now it is complete , and it looks beautiful! Ivory fondant, lace made from crystal lace, something like sugarveil but from South Africa, orange roses and ivory hydrangea segments.

Tomorrow we are packing up the car, travelling 600 kilometres including a ferry crossing and taking that cake all the way to the wedding. Now my nerves a kicking in!!

Will be assembling it on site and putting on the flowers.

Thanks to so many of you on here for all your great advice , your patience is amazing. It has been sad to see some of the regular contributors drop out of the scene, but I do understand your frustrations at the continual lack of initiative of people to do their own research!!

As an aside, I will then be making 4 bridal bouquets and 10 buttonholes! I think I'll take a bottle of Brandy with me!

Thank you all

-K8memphis Posted 17 Nov 2013 , 9:25pm
post #21 of 24

thank you, ammcats, what a sweet post--

i'm so proud of you! wow what a major accomplishment--

bring the roses -- maybe you will  find somewhere to stick them --

4 bouquets and 10 buttonholes later a new family is 'born'

i hope you and your beautiful cake arrive in tip top condition--

take care!

ammcats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ammcats Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 8:24am
post #22 of 24

A[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3145355/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

The wedding was a great success and I was very nervous but very pleased with the cake.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 2:10pm
post #23 of 24

wow i guess you were pleased with it--it's beautiful--breathtaking--such a great hand at editing--all the lovely elements so artfully put together

well done, cake buddy

thank you for gracing my little thread with that stunner

mfeagan Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 2:22pm
post #24 of 24

ABeautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%