Juicy Couture Crown

Decorating By MRMonroe Updated 5 Mar 2014 , 9:54am by emmasnelson

MRMonroe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRMonroe Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 11:13am
post #1 of 5

AWould someone please share with me what to use to form the crown.

4 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 5

Do you want it standing up on the cake or just flat against it? 

If you want it flat against the cake, you should print the logo, put a piece of parchment paper over it or even a plastic sheet protector (like the ones for papers in a binder). That way you can see through to copy it. I would pipe it in royal icing and let it dry a couple days. Then you can lift it up and set it on the cake. 

MRMonroe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MRMonroe Posted 23 Oct 2013 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 5

I want it standing up on the cake.  It's the cake topper.

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 12:46am
post #4 of 5

I would make it out of gumpaste then. You'll have to allow yourself a couple days for drying time. You can make a template by printing the logo and cutting it out. Then use a small knife to cut it out. 

If you want it to have a curved shape, place it on parchment or waxed paper and wrap that around a cylinder...I use plastic drink pitchers for this. 

If you don't need it to be curved, you can attach a couple skewers to it with extra gumpaste.

That's how I would do it! I'm sure there are other ideas out there. :)

emmasnelson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmasnelson Posted 5 Mar 2014 , 9:54am
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfeagan 

I would make it out of gumpaste then. You'll have to allow yourself a couple days for drying time. You can make a template by printing the logo and cutting it out. Then use a small knife to cut it out. 

If you want it to have a curved shape, place it on parchment or waxed paper and wrap that around a cylinder...I use plastic drink pitchers for this. 

If you don't need it to be curved, you can attach a couple skewers to it with extra gumpaste.

That's how I would do it! I'm sure there are other ideas out there. :)

Yeah exactly!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%