Chocolate Ganache Recipe

Baking By RobCrusoe Updated 21 Oct 2013 , 12:46pm by cheeseball

RobCrusoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobCrusoe Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

Just joined today in the hope that I will be able to find some help.  I'm sure I will as, whilst looking for answers to my question I've already learnt so much.  I have already found a number of threads on this topic but none seem to answer my questions definitively.  So here goes...

I'm looking for a chocolate ganache recipe BUT it needs to be one that sets hard and is applied by a palette knife rather than one that you pour over the top of the cake.  I need it to set hard so that I can then cover the cakes with sugar paste.  I've tried making it before with chocolate buttons ( I won't be trying that in a rush again but someone did recommend I use them) and although it was of a fairly stiff consistency it didn't set hard enough for me to be able to use sugar paste on top of afterwards.

Also, I need to know what sort of quantities I would need to fill and cover two 12" cakes, each being 3" deep. 

Thanks in advance for your advice.

4 replies
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 5

Howdy - try this on for size http://cakecentral.com/t/741743/the-ganacherator

RobCrusoe Posted 20 Oct 2013 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 5

Cheers Cheeseball,

What a fantastic tool.  Thank you.  Will give it a go in the morning. :)

RobCrusoe Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 8:56am
post #4 of 5

Cooling in the fridge now :)  Looking good.  What a difference from the hassle I had with it last time!  Cheers again x

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 5

Excellent!  That kind of post from mcsprinkles reminds me of how great this site can be - glad it's working for ya!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%