Ordering Cake Decorating Supplies From China

Decorating By mimi8998 Updated 11 Nov 2013 , 3:53am by wonderwoman11

mimi8998 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi8998 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 11:51am
post #1 of 4

Was wondering if anyone has used some of the China cake supply sites that have fantastic prices and free shipping.  I don't really need the items i want to order to come immediately so the length of time i would have to wait would be ok.  But my concern is that they mention what your total price is and then have disclaimers elsewhere stating that there may be tariffs or taxes when coming into the country.  So didn't want to get hit with big dollar extras on my card later on.  Also, some of the sites have a great price and it says in small print minimum order of 10 or 50, etc.  yet if you click 1 for amount and go to checkout page it takes the 1, and gives you a price for 1, but was wondering if once it goes through, they charge you for 50!!  Anybody deal with them?  Thanks.

Cyndi

3 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 4

Hi.  I have ordered from China successfully on Ebay.  It takes forever to get here but the products I have are great for what I needed.  I got fondant plunger cutters, hydrangea, star, butterfly etc.  They're plastic and not super high quality, but they work well and are not broken yet, and the product they produce from gumpaste is identical to that of more expensive plunger cutters.  Worth the $2.00 I spend for 3 cutters (in 3 sizes with free shipping....)

I also ordered a beautiful rhinestone tiara from China for cheap.  It was beautiful.  Took forever to get here but was worth it.

I wish I had looked on Ebay for other products as well.

If you order 1, they will send one.  The more you order the more the price goes down, so no worries there.  Plus, if that happened, you would have protection from your credit card.

mimi8998 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi8998 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 4

Great.  Thanks.  I have a site called www.aliexpress.com that has great prices and free shipping so I think i'm gonna try them out.

wonderwoman11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderwoman11 Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 3:53am
post #4 of 4

hi i know i see its been awhile since yu posted, but just was wondering how your order went if you went through with it as i too feel would like to order from alibaba as well? thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%