Has Anyone Heard Of This Mixer?

Decorating By Recluso Updated 3 Oct 2013 , 9:38pm by Recluso

Recluso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Recluso Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 12:47am
post #1 of 5

Hey folks,

I know there's a lot of queries about stand mixers, but I DID use the search function to see if this particular model had been mentioned and with no luck. Hence deciding to make a thread.

I've been looking at investing in a stand mixer and have been wistfully ogling the Kenwood range. However, my mum mentioned a Cookshop Profession Die-Cast Stand Mixer this evening, with a bit of an implication that it could be on the christmas list.

The spec can be found here: http://www.idealworld.tv/Cookshop_Professional_Die_Cast_Stand_Mixer_269018.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;%7B1001%7D

Now, to me it looks reasonable enough, 1000w motor plus being die-cast implies that the motor would be relatively study with appropriate metal parts to prevent untimely wear or burn out (I really want something that can give me a little help with making gumpaste and colouring fondant as I have an old wrist injury that has already been suffering!). But, I've never heard of it and can't find ANY reviews or feedback from people who have had experience with it. And as a newbie to using stand mixers, I'm loathe to go with something I've never heard of!

So, it's a two parted question to this thread. 1. Has anyone heard of/used this particular make of mixer before or 2. What do the experienced mixer users think as to the specifications?

It's not a cheapy cheap mixer by any means but neither is it a supreme top of the range will conjure up rainbows and fairy dust mixer. That said, I don't want to seem ungrateful if my mum DOES offer to buy it so I'd really appreciate some input and advice from people who might be a bit more knowledgeable than I in the matter.

All thoughts and advice appreciated.

R.

4 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 1:26am
post #2 of 5

Never heard of it but I love my Kenwood.

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 10:48am
post #3 of 5

Just got my kenwood KM023    works beautifully. it has a 1500 watt motor  all stainless steel.  my previous mixer too was a kenwood - still running after almost 20yrs!!

Kimdarella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimdarella Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 5

Never heard of it, and can't get that page to load to check it out.

I started out with a Breville scraper mixer and found it excellent, if you are in Australia, I would have a look at those, they are great value... we discussed it on my site a little while ago, hope this link is OK to add here http://yumforum.com/threads/41/.

There are great reviews of mostmixers available here at http://www.productreview.com.au/search.html?search=mixers&sa=

Best of luck with it :)

Recluso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Recluso Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 5

If anyone else is having issues with the page, I've copy/pasted a picture and the specs below if that proves helpful:

This amazingly versatile Professional Die Cast Stand Mixer from Cookshop will help you mix, blend, whisk and knead your food in virtually no time at all.

Featuring a stainless steel mixing bowl, plus dough hook, beater blade and whisk accessories, this high-performing mixer is built to last you for years, and will make itself so indispensable you'll wonder how you ever managed without it!

Contents:

• 1 x Cookshop Professional Stand Mixer
  • 1 x Splash-proof Cover
  • 1 x Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
  • 1 x Dough Hook Accessory
  • 1 x Beater Blade Accessory
  • 1 x Whisk Accessory
  • 1 x Spatula

Features:

• Colours: Choice of Red, Black or Silver
  • Attachment Height Alteration
  • Speed Control Dial Perfect for Mixing Eggs and Batters
  • Multifunction Head
  • Release Button For Multifunction Head
  • Release Button For Accessory Port making it easy for you to switch accessory between recipes
  • Splash Proof Cover keeping your kitchen clean
  • Stainless Steel 5L capacity bowl  
  • Actions: Pulse, Stir, Slow Mix, Beat, Cream, and Whip
  • Beater Blade, Whisk and Dough
  • 1000w of Power to handle even the most difficult of doughs
  • Removable Magnetic Cover for Attachments

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%