Red Or Strong Coloured Icing Running Or Staining Other Icing

Decorating By pyeface22 Updated 19 Sep 2013 , 8:19am by fterou

pyeface22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyeface22 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 2

AHello I'm not sure if this is a common problem cause my icing is sweating once made but I make quite a lot of icing figures and the worst problem im having if I use reds yellows or oranges is after a couple of days the colour almost runs and stains the icing next to it

I don't know if I'm storing the figures incorrectly or if there is a trick to stop this happening?

Thanks guys! X

1 reply
fterou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fterou Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 8:19am
post #2 of 2

Hi pyeface22! I've had the same problem recently. I had delivered my cake at the hotel where the reception would take place, the day before. They had placed the cake in their fridge and took it out the next day, just when i arrived. Oh my!! My cake had sweat -just as if someone had thrown water on it- and the colours started to blend. The blue was running on the white..i did not know what to do! I blame the great difference of the two temperatures (fridge/reception place) for what happened.  I am horrified that might happen again . I have to say that i live in a really hooooot and humide climate, so  i never considered not putting my cake in a fridge. I hope someone has an answer for us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%