How To Make Champagne Flavor Frosting? Too Much Champagne Made My Frosting Watery =(

Baking By Anna1211 Updated 12 Sep 2013 , 12:19pm by cupcakemaker

Anna1211 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna1211 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 6:26am
post #1 of 4

Hi guys,

I went into sift cupcake today and tried their pink champagne flavor cupcake! It was really awesome and i would really like to learn how to make it at home! I attempted to make it at home today and completely failed! The frosting came out wayyyyyy tooo watery! I put 1/2 cup of champagne into the frosting but it was runny and tasteless! Do you guys have any good recipe for this recipe and also can you guys advice me on the directions. I want it to be flavorful but dont think it would work if i add alot of champagne, so how do you get it flavorful and able to pipe on the cupcake? thank you guys!

Anna =)

3 replies
cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:58am
post #2 of 4

ACan you reduce it with some sugar to make a syrup? Or maybe even buy champagne flavouring?

Anna1211 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna1211 Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 8:06am
post #3 of 4

I am new at this, how do you reduce it with sugar and change it into a syrup? Have you ever tried making this flavor before? Thanks for trying to help =) So happy to hear from someone!

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 4

AYou would just mix equal quantities so 100 g sugar, 100 ml water in a pan on the hob until it reduces. I've made strawberry syrup this way. I brush all my cakes with sugar syrup but no I haven't tried champagne.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%