Looking For Quick And Easy Decorating Idea

Decorating By JPepper Updated 11 Sep 2013 , 3:06am by Norasmom

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 6

I'm a hobby baker and I was asked to make a cake for approx 30 people for a co-worker's going away luncheon. I do mostly wedding and character bday cakes and I'm totally drawing a blank design wise on what to do for this event. I work with buttercream only, but will do fondant accents. Does anyone have any suggestions on a design that would be fairly quick and easy as I will have to decorate in the evening after work for the next day.

5 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 6

this is a great opportunity to pick a tip that you want to get some practice with and go to town. I really like working with leaf tips and just "leafing" it up on a cake. But a rustic finish really looks nice too. If you're comfortable doing a statement flower, I think the rustic finish with one pretty flower is really impressive.

JPepper Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 12:56am
post #3 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

this is a great opportunity to pick a tip that you want to get some practice with and go to town. I really like working with leaf tips and just "leafing" it up on a cake. But a rustic finish really looks nice too. If you're comfortable doing a statement flower, I think the rustic finish with one pretty flower is really impressive.

You have me intrigued with using a leaf tip to ice a cake....I've never thought of that!  Do you have a picture you can post so I can get a visual?  I do like using various tips to ice :)  I've made one gum paste flower before and it didnt turn out all that great, at least in my perfectionistic opinion...lol. I also just remembered that I ordered some new fondant cutters not long ago so I'll see what types of flowers I can make with them :)

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 12:58am
post #4 of 6

The rosette cake is my favorite easy-to-do design!

JPepper Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 1:02am
post #5 of 6

I've made TONS of rosette cakes this summer and was hoping to do something a little different :)

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 3:06am
post #6 of 6

I love the leaf tip idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%