Help!! I'm New To Edible Printing And Having Quite A Time!

Decorating By Zsanali Updated 15 Aug 2013 , 9:43pm by Zsanali

Zsanali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zsanali Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, so first let me say that I am quite new to printing with Edible Ink and Frosting Sheets and I've had a really bad couple of weeks trying to get everything all sorted out :(

I use and Epson Workforce 1100 (wide format printer) and I use Kopykake Frosting Sheets, ink and their program.

I've had so many different problems and finally got to the conclusion (actually first at the suggestion of a lovely lady at Icing Images) that I had to replace the cartridges themselves. I had them overnighted and got the new cartridges and STILL had problems.

Basically I constantly have to clean the yellow cartridge, it keeps getting clogged even while I'm using it. I will clean it a few times and get a clean Nozzle Check and start printing and it runs great, then shortly after it will start changing colors so I have to stop (waste frosting sheets) and clean it a couple times to start again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I've basically come to switching companies and I've already ordered cartridges from Icing Images to try them out instead of Kopykake because I've had nothing but problems and one of their IT guys never even suggested replacing the cartridges.

Has anyone else had this problem with Kopykake cartridges? Is this a normal problem to have?

2 replies
BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 3

Hmmm...I ran into an old friend at the cake store the other day and she has the exact same problems. I wonder if she uses the Epson or if she uses KopyKake? Have you searched reviews for the printer to see if others with the same one have the same issues? And the same with the brand of cartridge....That's all I got. Sorry...

Zsanali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zsanali Posted 15 Aug 2013 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Thanks for trying to help! Yes I've looked at reviews and apparently this printer is one of the best on the market for edible printing, at least for Epson printers.

The thing is I am fairly certain that it isn't a problem with the printer because I can actually get a clean read on the Nozzle check and it doesn't seem likely that the printheads can actually clog that quickly.

I HAVE however found a couple of people who have had the problem with Kopykake ink cartridges clogging all of the time. So I want to see if anyone else has had this experience and if it got better switching companies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%