Help! Please :)

Decorating By Jenna1588 Updated 20 Jul 2013 , 6:30pm by CWR41

Jenna1588 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 7

AI'd firstly like to apologise if this cake I have defaced belongs to you. LOL

I've got a single tier cake to make, and I want to put flowers on a cake set out like the lines on the picture I have posted. Whats the best way to achieve this so it looks neat?

Thanks :)

[IMG ALT=""][/IMG]

6 replies
Rohini Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 7

Hi! I'm new to cake decorating, but here's an idea. Measure around the circumference of the cake and cut a strip of non-stick baking paper the same height and circumference of the cake. Fold it in half, then in half twice more. This will give you a rectangle of 8 layers. Unfold. You can then use a round cutter that fits to draw part of a circle on to one end of the rectangles on the strip. You can also just do it free hand if you're sure you can get it to be symmetrical. Refold the paper and then cut out the shape. Open out the template and wrap it around the cake, making sure that  the bottom of the template is in line with the bottom of your cake and secure with pins (make sure to put the pin in a place that you will cover with a flower later on). Use a scriber or another pin to mark the curved outline on the cake and there you go. Now you can paste the flowers along the marked line. You can of course fold the paper more times if you want it to have a more compact pattern. Happy decorating!

Jenna1588 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 7

AGenius! Thank you. I shall do that :)

leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7

Or, the next time your at a crafts store purchased the swag/scallop marker thingie that Wilton sells.  It's an old tool, but a useful one.

Jenna1588 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 7

AI'll check it out online, I didn't know what the tool to do this was called. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%