How Do I Make This Cupcake Wedding Dress?

Decorating By princelyess Updated 20 Jul 2013 , 3:58pm by princelyess

princelyess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princelyess Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 12:09am
post #1 of 4

I love the look of this cupcake wedding dress, and it looks to me like they arranged the cupcakes and then decorated it with "shells", but more of a vertical shell than a horizontal one.  What can anyone tell me about how to get this effect?  Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Wedding Dress cupcake cake.

3 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 6:09am
post #2 of 4

AIt's really hard to tell. Im usually not a big fan of pull apart cakes or whatever they're called but I really like how the added the color around the edges and Dragees, it's cute. It looks like they iced them individually, then after placement filled in the gaps. I think that's how they're typically put together anyway, but the icing seems to be going in all sorts of different ways, which is nice b/c it's gives a flowing illusion to the 'dress'

princelyess Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 4

Well, this is how my version turned out.  The accents were from the bride, so I didn't have a say in that.  Mine doesn't quite fill out like the one in the original post, but for a first try, it's not too bad.  We put a little dab of frosting on the bottom of the cupcakes to keep them in place, and all I did was make rosettes with an M1 tip.  Next time I will pay more attention to the outline so that it "flows" better.

princelyess Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 4

Well, this is how my version turned out.  The accents were from the bride, so I didn't have a say in that.  Mine doesn't quite fill out like the one in the original post, but for a first try, it's not too bad.  We put a little dab of frosting on the bottom of the cupcakes to keep them in place, and all I did was make rosettes with an M1 tip.  Next time I will pay more attention to the outline so that it "flows" better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%